I Read Comic Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What are you reading right now? > What are you reading right now? (August 2016)

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate (kgskocelas) | 576 comments Mod
What comics are you reading right now? What are you liking? What aren't you enjoying as much?

message 2: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella Elisabeth (gabriellaelisabeth) | 8 comments I've been currently reading American Vampire and just finished Vol.2
I've been obsessed with the storyline and the artwork. So much drama in this world but it's perfection and a great read.

message 3: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 639 comments Mod
Re-reading Lazarus because I was lost in the story and re-reading Hawkeye (Fraction & Aja's run) because it is fantastic.

I've never been a big fan of re-reading books, but in the two cases above... it's been wholeheartedly worth it.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Jamie wrote: "Just demolished The Fade Out in a single weekend. Started the Bendis Daredevil run."

I love the Bendis run! Let us know what you think of it.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Mike wrote: "Re-reading Lazarus because I was lost in the story and re-reading Hawkeye (Fraction & Aja's run) because it is fantastic.

I've never been a big fan of re-reading books, but in the two cases above...."

Fraction's Hawkeye is one of my all time favorite runs in comics. Happy re-reading!

message 6: by Kate (new)

Gabriella wrote: "I've been currently reading American Vampire and just finished Vol.2
I've been obsessed with the storyline and the artwork. So much drama in this world but it's perfection and a great read."

This series has been sitting on my to-read shelf for years. How does it compare to Snyder's other work, like Wytches and Batman?

message 7: by Gabriella (new)

Gabriella Elisabeth (gabriellaelisabeth) | 8 comments Kate wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "I've been currently reading American Vampire and just finished Vol.2
I've been obsessed with the storyline and the artwork. So much drama in this world but it's perfection and a g..."

I loved Snyder's Wytches. So I decided to pick up American Vampire and let me tell you, I was not disappointed one bit and would definitely recommend this series!

And I have yet to read Snyder's Batman but it is definitely on my to-read shelf.

message 8: by Kate (new)

Gabriella wrote: "Kate wrote: "Gabriella wrote: "I've been currently reading American Vampire and just finished Vol.2
I've been obsessed with the storyline and the artwork. So much drama in this world but it's perfe..."

Oh wow ok I will have to check it out ASAP!

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian (brianhead) | 30 comments Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens is my absolute jam right now. There's only one issue out, but it's exactly the kind of campy fun I'm into.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Brian wrote: "Predator vs. Judge Dredd vs. Aliens is my absolute jam right now. There's only one issue out, but it's exactly the kind of campy fun I'm into."

The title alone is hilarious

message 11: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Just finished Hex 11 volume 1 last night. Comixology Submit book about magic, and technology(?). Definitely had a lot of fun reading it. The story is ready to be big--the first volume resolves a small conflict, but there's a whole lot more left--and the art is pretty solid (the color work is incredible) if you're cool with a more cartoony-style.

https://www.comixology.com/Hex11-Vol-...

message 12: by Kate (new)

Jamie wrote: "Kate wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Just demolished The Fade Out in a single weekend. Started the Bendis Daredevil run."

I love the Bendis run! Let us know what you think of it."

Finished the first Ultima..."

Yes! So glad you liked it! Have you listened to our episode about different Daredevil creative teams (episode 62)? If not, I think you'd enjoy it :)

Here's a direct link to the episode, or you can find it on iTunes or whatever podcatcher you use.

message 13: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

I finally read Batman: Court of Owls... so now I'm in the Scott Snyder world. BRING ON THE BATMAN.

Also, I spent all day Saturday reading manga... All volume 1's because I hate myself: One Piece v1, Naruto v1, Bleach v1, DBZ v1, and then I kept on this series I really dig: Bakuman v3

message 14: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

And I spent Saturday re-reading all of Injection... because I had a comic-full weekend.

message 15: by Brian (new)

Brian (brianhead) | 30 comments I'm reading All-New X-Men, via Marvel Unlimited. If you're looking to catch up on last summer's Secret Wars, Unlimited is a great way to do it. 10 bucks a month for all the Marvel you can read, as long as it's 6+ months old.

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris Gordon I'm about to start reading Spider-Man: Spider Hunt. It's not the most well known collection by any means (nor the most well received), but it leads up to Identity Crisis which is what I'm really interested in getting into.

message 17: by Brian (new)

Brian (brianhead) | 30 comments Jamie wrote: "Needed a change of style and pace from my "Marvelathon"
Starting Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery tonight."

Rat Queens is so good! A lot of people weren't super impressed with the third arc, but I'm a fan.

message 18: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Weekly books for me so far: Invincible #130, Constantine: The Hellblazer #1, Outcast #20, and Renato Jones: The One Percent #4.

Constantine: The Hellblazer was a good start to the series. Nice Swamp Thing appearance, and if you read the Rebirth issue, there are some nice references.

message 19: by Kate (new)

Mike got me interested in Invinsible last Sunday when we were recording the podcast, so yesterday I picked up Invincible, Vol. 1: Family Matters from the library. It was great! It has laugh-out-loud satire while also being a good superhero story in its own right (which is a tricky combo to pull off). I will definitely be checking out volume 2.

I also read Black Widow #6 and Faith #2, which I have serious feelings about, but discussing them at all would be super spoilery, so just know that none of my dreams come true and comics are awful.

Just kidding comics are the best and seriously if you aren't reading those two series you really should be. They are both fantastic.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.