The Reading Challenge Group discussion

I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
This topic is about I Am Malala
Group Read Archive 2014-16 > World Lit Group Read (South Asia/India Subcontinent - Aug 2016) - I Am Malala

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison, Quest Hound (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) | 1298 comments Mod
This month's World Lit choice takes us to Pakistan, with the memoir I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban. Malala was the youngest nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize at 16. Discover her story.

Lynnette | 166 comments Finally got it at the library so will begin reading soon. Looking forward to learning her story. THX for the recommend.

message 3: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renee M | 4728 comments Mod
So glad you've been able to score a copy. I was pretty blown away by this young woman's story.

Cindy (bkind2books) | 922 comments Just started too - she seems wise beyond her years. I also find the father interesting. With his father and upbringing, you might think that he would be narrow minded, and not encourage her education.

Cindy (bkind2books) | 922 comments Wow! This was a great story of a courageous girl.

Lynnette | 166 comments Amazing girl, amazing family! It was very exciting to see how her family & friends supported education for the girls. Her father is a brave & courageous man. Malala received her courage from him.

message 7: by Renee, Mistress of the Mini-Challenge (new) - rated it 5 stars

Renee M | 4728 comments Mod
Yes! I loved reading about this wonderful young woman and the family in which she was raised. All so courageous in the face of merciless odds.