Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tilda (new)

Tilda (tildareads) | 10 comments Mod
AND YOU'RE FINISHED! Congrats!

Is it sad that it's over or is it nice?
Did it end like you thought it would?
Are you happy with the ending?

Discuss anything you want, and remember to join our discussion of the whole book on the 27th! (Time and place to come.)

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu (itsluagain) | 26 comments Omg the book was AMAZING!!!!

message 3: by Janne (new)

Janne Bjørgan (jbjorgan) | 36 comments Mod
I guess I think it was ok. I loved the beginning, how Andie really struggles when all her plans (her life) falls to pieces. I can relate to that! I also loved Clark and all her friends, and I think the relationship with her dad was really interesting.

But am I the only one who felt the middle was kind of slow? The writing was nice, but I got kind of bored reading a build up that never seemed to reach its peak. There weren't any new major obstacles, no sidesteps or backtracks.

There were also some subjects that were just touched upon who should have gotten more space. I mean, give me more about the weird and possibly unhealthy friendship with Topher! And this Peter guy, and the thing with everyone always feeling sorry for Toby and the way she's almost always the clown in the group. I think there's some great food for thought here that we missed out on.

The pace really picked up at the end, and I'm thinking it almost went too fast! I would like to know more about how things settled after Andie fucked everything up. Everything doesn't go back to normal with a snap after someones accepted your apology. You need to talk things out. Like - did Andie tell Clark about fooling around with Topher? I'd love to read that conversation!

So what do you guys think? Am I too strict? Maybe I've missed some things? That can happen, I'm a quick reader.

message 4: by Sofie (new)

Sofie (bittenbybooksblog) | 9 comments Mod
So I have just finished the book. I think I will have to process the book a bit more before saying too much.
I liked the book and the characters but there were some elements that bothered me a little bit.

I did feel like Andie got a bit too easily away with the whole thing with Topher. I thought that he would have a much bigger influence on story and that there would be some kind of drama between them.

I liked Andie's development and how she could not plan herself out of everything. And in the end chooses what makes her happy. I also really liked the group and their friendship. I also liked the development between Andie and her father.

I feel like the story was a little rushed in the end. A lot of things happened in the last 100 pages and I felt like it ended a little too soon.
The ending was a kind of bittersweet for me, but then again, maybe it was just realistic. That not everything works out as we have hoped. But then again, maybe there is a spark of hope in the end of the book?

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 13 comments I finished this book last night and it was good! I really enjoyed the plot line (even though it was predictable) I felt as though, the middle was a bit slow. But the beginning was great, and the ending was good.

I just wish we could've seen more of how Clark and Andie mended their relationship. And I'm actually so sad about Tobri, why, why, would they fight over a boy they would be leaving at the end of summer anyways.

I also feel like Tom should have gotten more book time, he was very interesting.

So all in all it was a good book, nothing amazing, but good.
~Kayla

message 6: by Lu (new)

Lu (itsluagain) | 26 comments I agree with Kayla, i would have liked to know how Andie and Clark mended their relationship.
And I loved the book overall, but there were some aspects that bothered me too. I didn't really like Andie at first, she seemed a bit annoying by the way that she would go around with guys and then still make out with Topher when she didn't have a boyfriend? I just thought it was a little strange.
What i loved about the book, which I would have liked more of, is the relationship between Andie and her Dad. Did anyone else think that?

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 13 comments Haha yes Lucy, I agree! I was slightly irritated with Andie at the beginning of the book. The way she went through boys was annoying, and how she contacted Topher when she broke up with Clark annoyed me SO much! Like jeez y'all just broke up!

However I'm not angry with Topher, I actually thought he was an interesting character.

And Andie and her dads relationship ended well, but what about Clark and his dad?? Clark didn't get a happy ending with his dad and i am forever bitter about it. And don't even get me started with Tobri.

message 8: by Lu (new)

Lu (itsluagain) | 26 comments It was so sad about Tobri! They were the best of friends, and to fight over a guy. I too would have liked to find out about clark and his dad, because we didn't hear that much about it during the book!

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 13 comments Yes! I feel that they should haves mended their relationship. And I dislike Wyatt, he didn't even try to make the situation any better. He just left at the end of summer and was like bye.

message 10: by Lu (new)

Lu (itsluagain) | 26 comments Exactly! I mean, what was the point? He ruined a friendship then was like: see ya

message 11: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 13 comments Omg yes! Wyatt was so irrelevant except for the fact that he ruined a friendship and if you think about, he was the reason Andie and Clark broke up because she was upset about the whole bri Wyatt thing and took it out on Clark.

message 12: by Lu (new)

Lu (itsluagain) | 26 comments Exactly!! Its all Wyatts fault !!!!!!