Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hallie (inkyhallie) | 5470 comments Mod
Thoughts?

message 2: by JoAnna (new)

JoAnna (1jojo1) JoJo is my nickname;)

Alice | 5 comments heart clencher!

message 4: by Coconut skeleton (last edited Aug 01, 2016 12:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coconut skeleton I love how realistic it is ;")

Elina | 4 comments didn't like the end.

Coconut skeleton ending was ... depressing, sure. but I get that the author wanted to show how life really looks like and she couldn't have done that by writing a sad light story with happy ending...Moyes wrote it in the way which makes me before you different among the other and I appreciate that

Winnie wow you guys are fast i didn't even start reading

Angela | 27 comments This is the first book that's ever made me bawl my eyes out like a baby. Literally I had snot going all over and my mascara was all over. It was extremely extremely extreeeeemely good and heart wrenching ::(((

Olivia White | 11 comments omg i cried soooo much when reading it i swear i didn't even put it down before finishing it erg i loved it so much

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I realy liked it. Especially the character Lou Clark. She was so full of colours, life, joy, and happines. She always wanted the best and she never gave up although sometimes giving up seemed like the only option. I also liked that she didnt mind what other people think, she was just kind to anyone that crossed her path. She has done and gave up so much for her family but she didnt mind because her family means a lot to her

Vavita I didn't like it at all. The moment you think that love is not powerfull enought to make wonders, everything is lost.
Maybe that is why our world is in the way it is, with all the shootings and the suicides

message 12: by Tiah (last edited Aug 03, 2016 09:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tiah (tiahelaine) I really enjoyed this book. it was sad of course because you obviously want their love to be enough, but in a way it was. They both changed each other.. Lou did not belong in a small town and he allowed her to see her potential while she showed him to live again. Of course it wasn't in the literal sense.. but she did take some of his pain away.. he was able to laugh and love once more and in a way he probably wouldn't have before his accident.

I also really enjoyed how realistic it all felt. It wasn't your typical mushy romance novel.. there was pain, love, heartbreak, and imperfection .. it wasn't a fairy tale.

Jessica McConnell | 2 comments I both loved and hated this book at the same time.
I loved how real the characters seemed to be, and how they could love each other without having to be intimate.
The only thing I hated was the ending. How the love of another wasn't enough for someone to carry on in life. Thinking about it though, it is far more realistic than the ending I had in mind. I guess this ending is what makes Will's character seem so real.
I'd recommend this book to anyone and everyone who doesn't mind having a blub when reading!

Mukhlisa (lisaismynickname) Fairytale wrote: "ending was ... depressing, sure. but I get that the author wanted to show how life really looks like and she couldn't have done that by writing a sad light story with happy ending...Moyes wrote it ..."

i get why the ending had it to be the way it was and why Will made up his mind to do what he did but I don't like that his whole family was okay with it and how the girl became so accepting at the end. The mother's point of view chapter really touched my heart but I don't like the fact that he gave in so easily. The novel was really beautifully written but I had a problem with how it ended.

Elina | 4 comments I didn't like the end not because of what he decided to do, but because of money he left to her. so for me it ruined everything.

message 16: by Yelena (new) - added it

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 81 comments I loved this book, but that ending.... It literally left me feeling empty for a few days..

message 17: by Yelena (new) - added it

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 81 comments Jessica wrote: "I both loved and hated this book at the same time.
I loved how real the characters seemed to be, and how they could love each other without having to be intimate.
The only thing I hated was the end..."

I agree! It made them seem more real.
Unfortunately, as much as we want love to conquer the world.... it's not enough for a lot of people.
Will made his choice and I broke because of it :( boy did I cry

message 18: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments I loved the book. A bit Cindarelish! But it brought the subject of THE RIGHT TO DIE in the forefront.

Had Lou not met Will, she never would have had the strength to leave her boyfriend or the small village she lived in.

Will instilled possibilities in her she never imagined of ever trying.

I could understand Will's decision to die. Being quadriplegic was not easy for him. After his fulfilling life before his accident.

message 19: by Yelena (new) - added it

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 81 comments Mara wrote: "I loved the book. A bit Cindarelish! But it brought the subject of THE RIGHT TO DIE in the forefront.

Had Lou not met Will, she never would have had the strength to leave her boyfriend or the smal..."

I agree.
I am in the medical world... and I support the right of assisted suicide. There is no reason to force a person to suffer longer then they have to. (I know this is a whole can of worms and not all agree) But it was certainly good to see this topic come forth in an amazing book.

message 20: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments Yelena, I think people who have not experienced sitting outside of ICU rooms, or gotten the news that their loved one will be paralyzed, etc. Have no idea what it really means to sit for hours outside of the ICU not knowing what is happening.

I understood why Lou, and Will's family was upset with his CHOICE, but in the end IT WAS HIS CHOICE.

He was tried of the constant hovering and constant illnesses that battered his body.

message 21: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments I call ME BEFORE a HEART GRABBER!!!!!

Winnie I am such a cry baby..............Its a nice book but i don't enjoy ending. I was hoping he would change his mind :-(

message 23: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments I not much of cryer, but in the last year I have listened to 3 or 4 books that have made me cry. ME BEFORE YOU, THE NIGHTINGALE and a couple of others that I forget at the moment.

Angelica | 5 comments Whoever read this book would surely have hanging thoughts about the ending. I know normal people would say "love is enough to keep you alive, but how come Will Traynor has still had to end his life?". For some reason, after days of finishing this book, I understood why Moye's has to end it that way. It's not the kind of book that you ask for. It's some kind of realistic situation that you gotta deal with when it strikes you.

message 25: by Jazz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jazz | 13 comments I haven't finished this book yet. My bookclub switched it midway for another book, I was crushed because I got halfway through and was dying to see the movie. Suffice to say, temptation got the better of me and I watched the movie.

I cried so hard I couldn't breath. :,( We're picking the book back up in September. *cries cries cries*

message 26: by Nella (last edited Aug 12, 2016 04:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nella (thatssonella) | 11 comments I looove this book.It is so cute and meaningful and emotional. It is one of my favs.

message 27: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara (taraax) | 24 comments I LOVE this book. I'm sad it took me a few weeks to read, i completely loved it but started it during a busy schedule.
I expected to bawl my eyes out but i had read All the bright places and i think i got all my tears out with that one so it wasnt so bad :P

A few days after reading the book my puppy actually got ahold of it and completely destroyed it...im going to have to rebuy it!

message 28: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments Since reading this book, I am hesitant on seeing the movie. I read Cecelia Ahern's book P.S. I LOVE YOU a few years before the movie was made, and I didn't care for it. It was too Americanized for me. Though the story of LETTING GO was the same, it was not filmed well.

I know there a die hard lovers of the movie, but after experience of reading the book, the movie was THUMBS DOWN for me.

Winnie Mara wrote: "Since reading this book, I am hesitant on seeing the movie. I read Cecelia Ahern's book P.S. I LOVE YOU a few years before the movie was made, and I didn't care for it. It was too Americanized for ..."

I think you should watch the movie, it doesn't look bad. I will watch it this weekend and hope i don't cry again.

message 30: by Mariam (new) - added it

Mariam Naskidashvili | 9 comments I was thinking till the last minutes that he would change his mind and continued living. p.s. sorry for bad English

message 31: by Mariam (new) - added it

Mariam Naskidashvili | 9 comments But still my favourite book ❤❤

message 32: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments Mariam,

I know we all wanted Will to LIVE, but in the end it was HIS CHOICE.

Had he not had the well to do family and money to have the best care he would not have lived as long has he did.

message 33: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (sarsky) One of my favorite book. I cried so bad after I finished reading. It's realistic and not sappy.

message 34: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments Sarah,

ME BEFORE YOU is one of my favorite books also. It's in my top 10 HEART GRABBERS.

message 35: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 5 stars

I just finished it, and it was heart breaking.

I loved Lou. She had her own way if doing things, and I could identify with some attributes of Will. I think everyone should read this at least one. Romance is never my cup of tea, but I think this book just had the right amount of everything.

message 36: by Yelena (new) - added it

Yelena Lugin (ylugin) | 81 comments Hmmmm maybe @Erica, I am sure you're not the only one who didn't like it. I loved it, but it's okay if you didn't.
It was predictable, I knew when I started reading how it was going to end, but I enjoyed the journey of the story and still had some sick little hope that the ending would be different even though I knew it wasn't...

Has anyone else seen the movie? Have any opinions on it??
I haven't seen the movie yet...

message 37: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erica, you've got around 6279 on Goodreads who rated it 1 star, and 14148 who've rated it 2 stars. Besides, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so don't worry :)

I haven't watched the movie, but I don't think I want to. I don't generally enjoy book adaptations.

It was predictable, yes, my I had this false hope that the ending would change. And the entire journey just felt so real to me.

message 38: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments Hallie,

It was Will's choice to not suffer anymore.

message 39: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara,

Candidly, I do think that if he believed he had no reason to live any more and if he really doesn't want to live anymore, that is the right choice. It was still heartbreaking even though I expected it

message 40: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments Hallie,

I know. He also instilled in Lou that she had possibilities to move out of her comfort zone and live outside her BOX.

Coconut skeleton I've seen the movie and I think it it pointless to watch it for someone who has read the book....the characters were fine and I loved Sam, but really, book is much much deeper than adaptation

message 42: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe | 7 comments I found this book deeply moving. I have a brother with MND and I guess it became quite a personal topic for me. Very difficult subject matter handled with respect. Look forward to reading the sequel.

Tiffany | 28 comments I loved the book. It was so well written and well rounded. I laughed and I cried. I have seen the movie and loved the actors chosen for the roles. It was fantastic.

Anyone read the sequel? Thoughts?

message 44: by Iqra (new) - added it

Iqra (iqramalikk) | 1 comments I loved the book, though it was predictable a bit I still really enjoyed it. I went through many emotions while reading the book, from laughing and smiling to crying at the end even after putting the book aside and I loved that just one book was able to arise many emotions within me.

I saw the movie as well recently, and it wasn't too bad, just felt it did not capture all the true emotions that the book gives.

Alice | 5 comments Mara wrote: "I not much of cryer, but in the last year I have listened to 3 or 4 books that have made me cry. ME BEFORE YOU, THE NIGHTINGALE and a couple of others that I forget at the moment."

I'm not much of a crier either, but Bright Side made me weep. Perhaps it's because it involved a topic close to home for me, but either way. *tears*

Alice | 5 comments Mara wrote: "Since reading this book, I am hesitant on seeing the movie. I read Cecelia Ahern's book P.S. I LOVE YOU a few years before the movie was made, and I didn't care for it. It was too Americanized for ..."

Go watch the movie!! I always get upset after watching a movie based on a book, but I think they portrayed and replicated the book quite well this time. I approve!

message 47: by Mara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 115 comments Thank you, Alice.

Megan | 1 comments I'm new here - I read this last month (have not seen the movie) and I have to say, it really crushed my soul and I loved it. I read the book in a day and was completely sobbing at the end. I'm not moved by books often, but this was a great read!

message 49: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Tornambe (AnthonyTornambe) | 6 comments I also love true stories.

Allison New to the group and I just finished reading Me before You. What a beautiful story, sad yes, but a wonderful life lesson. We all get bogged down by life and get into a routine of doing the same things over and over and even though Will is in a chair and stuck in that routine, he shows Lou and the readers that life is meant to be lived. I know, I know, he decided to end it after all. But his message to grab life by the balls while you can and explore is what I will walk away with.

I also really love, how much the characters develop and grow throughout the story. No two people in the world can meet without having some sort of an effect on each other and Jojo shows this beautifully.

Ahh! I can't say enough about this book, I really love it!

« previous 1