Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Winner's Curse
Book of the Month > August BOM - The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
Here is your BOM! Enjoy! If you have read this book, please post you review and what you thought, and maybe re-read? If you haven't, enjoy the book and please review. :)

Here is the synopsis:
Winning what you want may cost you everything you love...

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions.

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin.

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

message 2: by Katie (last edited Aug 01, 2016 09:33AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katie McCormley (kate031) I just finished this trilogy and really liked it! The first book was a bit slow for me (I gave it 3.5 stars), but it is DEFINITELY worth sticking through it to get to book 3, Winners Kiss. I read that one in one sitting. So good!

message 3: by Amyiw, Challenges Moderator (new)

Amyiw | 1083 comments Mod
The premise sounds very interesting. I don't know if I'm up to a YA at this time though... I still have a few left over from other series, like Lunar Chronicles that I haven't read the shorts or Fairest. Maybe if I can get a copy from the library, I'll work it in.

message 4: by Norma, BOM & Co Moderator (new)

Norma Mills | 653 comments Mod
I am so far behind on my reading that I don't know which direction is which.