2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Tracey's list of books - August 2016

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (last edited Aug 30, 2016 02:45AM) (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments ✔ ★ ☞ ☊

Carry over from July
Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery ★★★★★
Mercy by Jodi Picoult ★★★☆☆

Books to choose from
New in August
84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Handforth ★★★☆☆
Origin in Death by J D Robb (book 21 in the In Death series)
Cockroaches by Jo Nesbo (book 2 in the Harry Hole series)
The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan

From July
A Pinch of Snuff by Reginald Hill (book 5 in the Dalziel and Pascoe series)
Dying for Justice by L J Sellers (book 5 in the Detective Jackson series)
The Narrows by Michael Connelly (book 10 in the Harry Bosch series) ★★★★☆
And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews (book 4 in the Kate Daniel series)
Memory Man by David Baldacci (book 1 in the Amos Decker series)
Land of the Living by Nicci French

From June - LAST CHANCE!
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
The Warrior's Princess by Barbara Erskine

Extras. Oops :-)
The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff ★★★☆☆
The Borrowers by Mary Norton

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11267 comments Mod
Nice list to choose from. There's something freeing about your way of presented these titles as "choices." You cannot lose.

message 3: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Exactly! Thanks.

Have slowed down on the reading at the moment. Too much else to do!! I don't think it will be a big month this month either because we are going to New York.

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Ack, there's a book called Cockroaches! lol

Memory Man is a good one. I really enjoyed that one.

message 5: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Veronica wrote: "Ack, there's a book called Cockroaches! lol

Memory Man is a good one. I really enjoyed that one."

Ha ha! It's part of a police procedural type series. I'll let you know if there are any cockroaches in it :-)

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I finished Mercy. Was quite disappointed to be honest. Felt the main storyline was quite weak and was more interested in the sub plot.

Have started 84 Charing Cross Road which I forgot to add to my original list!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Picoult can be hit or miss.

message 8: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I didnt fit in Magic Bleeds last month either. I am definately going to read it this month though. Really looking forward to it!

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Good picks. Anne of Green Gables is my "grab during a fire" book!

message 10: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Mary wrote: "I didnt fit in Magic Bleeds last month either. I am definately going to read it this month though. Really looking forward to it!"

Yes I really want to fit it in this month as well although it will be after the 26th as I have it in paperback and I only want to take my kindle with me!

message 11: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "Good picks. Anne of Green Gables is my "grab during a fire" book!"

I am reading this to my girls and we are all enjoying it. My youngest completely relates to Anne as she loves to talk and also do a lot of imagining.

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments I sense a kindred spirit in your youngest! ;) I hope you all enjoy.

message 13: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Ha ha ha! Yes most definitely!

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2519 comments I'm planning on reading Origin in Death this month too. If you finish it before me, let me know what you think of it.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments Have a great trip!

message 16: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments I hope you enjoy Anne of Green Gables Tracey. I love it.

message 17: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Robin wrote: "I'm planning on reading Origin in Death this month too. If you finish it before me, let me know what you think of it."

As it's on audio I may not get to it until the end of the month when I'm back from my trip. I'm actually struggling with audios at the moment. I have started listening to 5 different audios and can't get into any :-(

message 18: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Laura wrote: "Have a great trip!"

Thanks Laura! Great excitement in my household at the moment.

message 19: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Angela wrote: "I hope you enjoy Anne of Green Gables Tracey. I love it."

We are Angela!

message 20: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I have finished 84 Charing Cross Road & The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street and The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff. Nice little amusing books!

I have started The Narrows by Michael Connelly.

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4443 comments Mod
Anne of Green Gables! An all time favorite re-read!

Great list, Tracey!

message 22: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I finished The Narrows on the plane on the way home and started Magic Bleeds.

message 23: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments I also started Fool Me Once on audio. Enjoying it so far!

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

Tracey wrote: "I finished The Narrows on the plane on the way home and started Magic Bleeds."

Did you enjoy The Narrows?

message 25: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Yes I did. Just took me a while to read due to being busy. Not my favourite instalment in the series and I missed the twists that Connelly is good at but I still love Harry!