Altoona Area Public Library discussion

What's everyone been reading?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nab6215books) | 7 comments Hi folks! Have you been reading the Altoona Mirror? What else have you been reading? I just finished 3 books by Steve Hamilton that I took from the library and was amazed that I had never heard of him before. He was great. I hope you are somewhere cool today.

Nancy B

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 3 comments I just finished "Arrowood" by Laura Mchugh. I borrowed it from the Altoona Library. It was a really good read!! Good mystery. Highly recommend it.
KB

message 3: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nab6215books) | 7 comments I'm going to put Arrowood in my listening queue. Did you read her other book "The Weight of Blood"? Laura Mchugh's first book? I'm listening to Diana's Gabaldon's "A Breath of Snow and Ashes" again. I love her books.

Nancy B

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 3 comments I haven't but it is on my list of books to read.

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nab6215books) | 7 comments What are you reading now?

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 3 comments I am reading "A Great Reckoning" by Louise Penny. Love this series. Very good mysteries. How about you??
I did get "The Weight of Blood" it is on my TBR pile!!!

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki Haid I'm reading the two new Harry Potter books, The Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts. Even in script format they are wonderfully delightful!! Draws me right back into that world I love!

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nab6215books) | 7 comments So it's at the library . . . She is a great writer. I'm listening to the slow, heartbreak tale of The Jealous Kind by James Lee Burke.

THANKS for picking up the thread!

message 9: by Deb (new)

Deb Hockenberry (sasha1119) | 2 comments I'm reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. This is my third time reading it!

message 10: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nab6215books) | 7 comments What's Inkheart about? If it's your third reading it must be intriguing. I'm listening to Amity Shlaes's Coolidge.

message 11: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessalittlenerdy) | 1 comments I just finished The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry, and I've just started World War Z by Max Brooks.

message 12: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nab6215books) | 7 comments Cool! I've heard that is a good one. I just finished Cinder by Marissa Meyer and I cannot recommend it enough.

message 13: by Deb (new)

Deb Hockenberry (sasha1119) | 2 comments Nancy, Inkheart is great. It's a YA fantasy about a man who can read people into and out of books. He's captured (with his family) by the thugs he was reading about, allowed. After lots of twists and turns, his daughter, Meggie, reads them into the book called Inkheart. It's full of fairies, magicians, little glass men, and even an evil king! Actually, Inkheart is part of a trilogy. There's Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath. I've finished it and am now reading Jane Eyre by Emily Bronte.

message 14: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Griffie (bobswagatron) I have just finished the Inkheart trilogy! I thought it was amazing! Right now at the moment I am reading the last book in the Rainbow boys Trilogy by Alex Sanchez!

message 15: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nab6215books) | 7 comments I read Trevor Noah's Born a Crime, then I read Barack Obama's Dreams from My Father. Wow. It turned out to be the perfect book order. Now I am going on to the silliness of Christopher Moore's Death Merchant Chronicles.