Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading August 1?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2112 comments Mod
Hello August!
I'm starting this week with Jaxxon by Lynn Hagen.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I'm reading the Cursed Child by JK Rowling....I'm so sad this is the end

message 3: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm reading the Cursed Child by JK Rowling....I'm so sad this is the end"

I'm too scared to read it bahahahah

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments I'm binge reading the Karma series by Donna Augustine.
Book 1 Karma was for free on amazon and had been on my TBR pile for ages! I'm already onto book 3 haha
when that is done I am reading last weeks puzzler!

message 5: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1922 comments Mod
I finished Sweet Little Lies by Jill Shalvis last night. It was good but not my favorite of hers. Like the setting in San Francisco, though.

message 6: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments I read and loved an ARC of The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne. I really love this author's work.

I'm reading an ARC of Out of Bounds at the moment. I've only just started but this hero is definitely not making my heart flutter. :-) ♥

message 7: by Okie (new)

Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm reading an ARC of Out of Bounds at the moment. I've only just sta..."

Oh, dang. I was lookin forward to this one by R.S. Grey. I didn't love book 1 in this series- Settling the Score "/ Although Scoring Wilder is one of my faves by her. I'll keep an eye out for your review before I jump in.

message 8: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1281 comments Okie wrote: "Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm reading an ARC of Out of Bounds at the moment. I've only just sta..."

Oh, dang. I was lookin forward to this one by R.S. Grey. I didn't love book 1 in t..."

I'm really hoping she's showing his bad side (really bad, frustrating, want to kick him in the ding ding bad side) so we have a comparison to when he is sweet, kind and loving.

I'm at the halfway point but it's taking me a little longer to read because work and life stuff keep getting in the way. :-) ♥

message 9: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I just finished The Cursed Child and regretted paying $15 for it. Next up is the second of Roxanne St. Claire's older-hero Timeless books, Barefoot at Moonrise and a dream-come-true ARC.

message 10: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1922 comments Mod
Oh no, Janga. Your track record for follow-up novels by favorite iconic authors has not been good this year :( Hope the St.Clair cheers you up.

message 11: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1206 comments Manda wrote: "Oh no, Janga. Your track record for follow-up novels by favorite iconic authors has not been good this year :( Hope the St.Clair cheers you up."

Janga wrote: "I just finished The Cursed Child and regretted paying $15 for it. Next up is the second of Roxanne St. Claire's older-hero Timeless books, Barefoot at Moonrise and a dream-come-true ARC."

YES! I agree with Manda! your track record is dismal this year :(
and that is the reason I am not reading the Harry Potter!

message 12: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I read a book by Johanna Lindsey: Make Me Love You by Johanna Lindsey .

I got the hardcover from the library. I thought I'd read her books before, but if so, either my reading tastes have changed or this one just didn't do it for me. Nothing bad, just not what I expected, I guess. Gave it 3 stars.

message 13: by Okie (new)

Charlene, is that JL's latest? I absolutely love her old school romance. I'm with you, all of her newer stuff had been a big meh for me "/

message 14: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments I actually liked the cursed child, but I also really love the books and am a potter head. I wish it had been a book rather than a play, but it was still good.

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikanne) | 222 comments I haven't had much time to read this week since I have been driving a lot to take and pick up my daughters from camp. So I am currently listening to Something About You by Julie James. I have laughed aloud several times. This is my first by this author but I will be looking for another.

message 16: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments After last week's puzzler I had to re-read BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND DESIRE. I forgot how much I liked that book - pretty much the whole series.

I also started Janice Kay Johnson's Angel Butte series with Bringing Maddie Home