All About YA discussion

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
This topic is about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
BOTM Archives > August 2016 BOTM: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Our BOTM for August is Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

Because this is a new book, and because it's so highly anticipated, SPOILERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AT ALL. This means that you can't even hide them with the HTML code. We will remove you from the group if you break this rule, so do us a favor, and keep the secret because we don't want to kick anyone out of the group.

This discussion will mostly be about if you liked the book or not and how it was formatted. We might allow for more towards the end of the month, but for now, we're just reading and keeping everything to a minimum.

Luisa Bordonal | 2 comments I'm dying to read this book, but I have to wait 'till it gets to Brasil :(

When does it come out in Brazil?

Megan (megantron119) | 486 comments I read the whole book after I got it on Monday. It was very interesting but I wish it had been written like the other books and longer. I can't wait to see what everyone else thinks!

Same here, Megan! I sat down and read the whole thing in one sitting. I thought it was really good, but I think it would have been interesting to read it as a novel (or novels).

Tiara Amany (A Wave of Vellichor) (tiaraamany) | 1 comments It was fast-paced--maybe because of it's play format. Some might regard it as sort of a fanfiction. But its Harry Potter! How could I not love anything HP.

Marielle (marielle__) | 1 comments I liked it. I read it in one sitting, and I hope they make it a movie, or just a movie of the play.

Marielle wrote: "I liked it. I read it in one sitting, and I hope they make it a movie, or just a movie of the play."

I hope they allow American theaters to put on productions of it.

Ellen McKeag I really liked being back in the world of Harry Potter and I did enjoy it - but to me it felt more like a fanfiction which hadn't been written by JK Rowling as some of the actions and dialogue didn't seem in keeping with the characters we know and love from the original series. I still recommend it though, and I thought it was an interesting concept and a good play - I'd give it a solid 8/10.

How many of you enjoyed Harry Potter and the Cursed Child?

Yes or no answers only please!