Duffy Browns Cozy Mystery Series discussion

5 views
Are you a Seaside or Mountain Girl?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Jul 31, 2016 05:58PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 295 comments Mod
Duffy sent me the Discussion question below --

I used to think that vacation meant going to the beach. Maybe because I live east of the Mississippi and can actually drive to the ocean. And there are terrific lakes close by as well all with wonderful beaches. But then there are the mountains of Tennessee calling my name too. The Smokey Mountains are amazing.

So what about you?
Are you a Beach Bunny or Mountain Mama? If you could pack your bags right now and take off where would you go? Here are pics of my family doing both.

** I have added the two photos that she sent me to the Groups Photo Section - ( they are the last 2 photos in the Photo Section )


message 2: by Sanderella (new)

Sanderella (sanderella13) I'm a Mountain Mama. I live in a rural area of the Allegheny Mountains of northwestern Pennsylvania. I went to Florida some years ago, and even tho it was nice-- I couldn't wait to get back to my mountains!!


message 3: by Melissa (last edited Jul 31, 2016 06:22PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 295 comments Mod
Sandie wrote: "I'm a Mountain Mama. I live in a rural area of the Allegheny Mountains of northwestern Pennsylvania. I went to Florida some years ago, and even tho it was nice-- I couldn't wait to get back to my m..."

Sandie, The mountains sound nice! =)
I live in Kansas. I was raised on a farm and enjoy living in Ks. =)

I would like to visit Colorado again soon!
There are lovely mountains and beautiful scenery in Colorado. Its been about 10 years since I have been there.


message 4: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments I am most definitely a Mountain girl. Love, love, love the Smokys and would love to move there. I would be happy in any mountains though I think. As long as there would be forests, moss, ferns, quiet and at times snow!! Do not like beaches at all, do not like the sun, the sand or the water


message 5: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Melissa wrote: "Duffy sent me the Discussion question below --

I used to think that vacation meant going to the beach. Maybe because I live east of the Mississippi and can actually drive to the ocean. And there a...”


I think once you get to the mountains they are always calling you back. Something about the trees and running creeks and animals...fills the soul.


message 6: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Melissa wrote: "Sandie wrote: "I'm a Mountain Mama. I live in a rural area of the Allegheny Mountains of northwestern Pennsylvania. I went to Florida some years ago, and even tho it was nice-- I couldn’t wait to g..."

My daughter got married last year in Beaver Creek. It was just beautiful in the mountains. Amazing!!


message 7: by Duffy (new)

Duffy Brown | 125 comments Kayt18 wrote: "I am most definitely a Mountain girl. Love, love, love the Smokys and would love to move there. I would be happy in any mountains though I think. As long as there would be forests, moss, ferns, qui..."

Off to the Smokys in two weeks. Can’t wait. There is something about the clouds hanging in the treetops that is pure magic.


message 8: by Kayt18 (new)

Kayt18 | 37 comments Duffy wrote: "Kayt18 wrote: "I am most definitely a Mountain girl. Love, love, love the Smokys and would love to move there. I would be happy in any mountains though I think. As long as there would be forests, m..."

oh i wish i was going there myself. hoping the temps will cool a bit before you get there. luckily the mountains are always a bit cooler. have a wonderful time and relax, rejuvenate and rejoice, lol.


message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon I am a beach lover.....I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit and spent summer weekends at Lake St. Claire beach (Canadian side) and then raised my family in the suburbs of Philadelphia and spent some summer weekends at the Jersey Shore.....now in retirement I live in Florida 15 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean Beaches and can go anytime! I love that I had a choice of living where I could wear shorts and flip-flops year around!


Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review) (knyttwytch) Hmm for me I would have to say both, with the mountains JUST edging in front.


message 11: by Paula (new)

Paula Adams (goodreadscompadams57) | 16 comments I'm a beach lover. My husband and I bought a house in Florida not far from the beach for when he retires in 8 months.

For our 10th anniversary we are going on a cruise to the Greek Isles out of Venice, Italy. Plan to spend a few days in Venice either before or after the cruise.


message 12: by Gail (new)

Gail (koalabear3) | 77 comments I am a BEACH GIRL. Something about the water just makes you feel great! Especially when you can curl up with a good book!


back to top