Weekly Short Stories Contest and Company! discussion

Writing and Publishing > Ryan is a Goodreads Finalist!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Russell (gooodreadscomsarah_russell) | 73 comments Wahoo! Ryan's poem "Coal Town" is a finalist this month in the Goodreads Poetry contest! I don't know whether the link will work or not, but here it is so you can read the top six poems. There's a link to voting at the top of the page. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) | 9527 comments I just read Ryan's poem. It would be a crime not to name him the winner! Congratulations, buddy! :)

message 3: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5331 comments Thank you, Sarah - I'm stoked!

G'day, Garrison. Really appreciate it, mate. I hope you've been well-it's been awhile between chats :)

message 4: by M (new)

M | 11381 comments An excellent poem, Ryan! You got my vote.

message 5: by Ryan (last edited Aug 01, 2016 12:17AM) (new)

Ryan | 5331 comments Thank you, M. I'm flattered. Hope you're well.

Congratulations on your honorable mention - a beautiful poem!

message 6: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments I voted for Ryan too! Anyone notice that the RHYMING poem is currently winning? That's unheard of. :D

message 7: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5331 comments Thanks, Edward. Really appreciate your support, mate.

message 8: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments No probs, Ryno.

message 9: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5331 comments ;-)

What's news, mate?

message 10: by Edward (new)

Edward Davies | 1727 comments Not a lot fella. Haven't written any of my book for a while due to time constraints! How about you?

message 11: by Arun (new)

Arun Iyer (aruniyer) | 369 comments Congrats Ryan!

message 12: by C. J., Cool yet firm like ice (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 4263 comments Congrats Ryan. This is awesome! Hey and I see M's on there too. Two writers I'm proud to see, getting works and much attention!

message 13: by Jim (new)

Jim Agustin (jim_pascual_agustin) | 625 comments Congrats, Ryan! I missed voting for your poem as I had no internet access for three days!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Jeez, it's been a long time since I've been on here. Well done, Ryan! Brilliant work as ever.

message 15: by Ajay (new)

Ajay (ajay_n) | 1138 comments Our Ryan won!!! What a stunner of a poem! You wield the poetic stun gun and there's no stopping you! I bow down to your brilliance mate!

message 16: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5331 comments Thank you all for your nice comments. I'm humbled by the amount of support from the WSS - it's most flattering. I'm still in a bit of shock over the result. I guess the next keg of rum is on me ;-)

message 17: by Garrison (new)

Garrison Kelly (cybador) | 9527 comments That's what we do, Ryan: we support each other during the highs and lows of our lives and I'm happy to celebrate this victory with you. :)

message 18: by C. J., Cool yet firm like ice (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 4263 comments Congrats Ryan! Yeah, yeah, uh huhh!! (Dance move: *churning the butter*!) :)

message 19: by Ryan (new)

Ryan | 5331 comments Sandy! Lovely to see you here. Thank you for your nice comment. I hope you've been well and enjoying a bit of extra 'you' time.

Thanks again, Garrison and CJ :)