Play Book Tag discussion

The Elephant Whisperer
This topic is about The Elephant Whisperer
Archive: Other Books > The Elephant Whisperer - Lawrence Anthony (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cora (new) - added it

Cora (corareading) | 1456 comments The Elephant Whisperer - Lawrence Anthony

4 stars

Lawrence Anthony owns a wildlife reserve in Africa. One day he gets a call offering him a herd of problem elephants that are escape artists. If he does not agree to take the herd, they will be killed. Lawrence agrees and begins an adventure of getting the herd to trust people again while retaining their wild nature. I loved this book. I love reading about animal conservation. I liked reading about what goes into running a nature preserve in Africa. The information about the animals was interesting and kept my interest, but I really I liked reading about how the author worked with the local Zulu neighbors. Not only did I learn a lot about elephants and other animals on the reserve, but I also learned a lot about Africa. I will definitely read more books by Lawrence Anthony.

Booknblues | 6886 comments I loved this book when I read it several years ago.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6405 comments Another fan ...

LibraryCin | 9079 comments I missed this when you first posted it! I am "shelving" today and am seeing it now. This looks like something I might love! :-)

Booknblues | 6886 comments LibraryCin wrote: "I missed this when you first posted it! I am "shelving" today and am seeing it now. This looks like something I might love! :-)"

I expect you would.