What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. historical fiction, romance, drama [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm trying to find a book I probably read 2010-2012, but the book was not newly released at the time. I remember it was a longer book and the first in the series. I'd like to finish the series, but I can't remember the series title or book title. It's a historical fiction and has mature content.
Thank you for any help you can offer!

Synopsis:
A young, unmarried woman moves to a new town (with her father?) where she meets a man (also young and unmarried). The man is white, but his family was accepted/adopted by a Native American tribe. They are separated from the rest of the community. The woman also meets another young man (a doctor?) who asks to court her. The woman only has true feelings for the first man though. Due to some circumstances the first man and the woman run away.

The rest is a list of things I recall from the story in no particular order:
- The woman taught at a school where she allowed Native American children in, even though it wasn't accepted (she may have started the school)
- She is pregnant at the end of the novel (with twins?)
- She and the first man run away??? They have sex before marriage?? And get married somewhere along the way??
- There is a dispute over whether the land the man and his family lives on has gold (or some sort of precious material??) on it and if the gold rightly belongs to them or if they're keeping all the profit from the gold from the community
- She has "gray, Quaker eyes"
- Her mother is dead. I think she look like her mother and had gray, "Quaker" eyes

Thanks everyone!

message 2: by Mrsbooks (new)

Mrsbooks | 252 comments Into the Wilderness has some similarities. It's been too long since I read it though and I'm not sure if it fits everything or not.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Mrsbooks wrote: "Into the Wilderness has some similarities. It's been too long since I read it though and I'm not sure if it fits everything or not."

That's it! Thank you so much.