Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Found (Crow City, #2)
This topic is about The Found
Book Cover Help > Request to remove placeholder cover.

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cole (new) - added it

Cole McCade | 5 comments Could I ask for a favor in removing this blank placeholder cover from my book, please? Someone from an event I'm participating in added it, but I'll be uploading the official cover myself after the cover reveal on 8/10 and I'm worried that the actual cover will be listed as an alternate edition instead. Sorry to be a pain, but thank you!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by Greta (new)

Greta (greta-r) I see a black cover, do I have to delete it?

message 3: by Cole (last edited Aug 01, 2016 02:00AM) (new) - added it

Cole McCade | 5 comments Yes, please? It's just a blank black square and not an actual book cover, and I have no idea why that person even put it up there. It makes no sense for it to even be there; it's...kind of bordering on vandalism.

message 4: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments What cover if any went with ARc's?

Also GR policy is not to list "A XXXX Novel" in the title field, that belongs to series info

message 5: by Cole (new) - added it

Cole McCade | 5 comments There are no ARCs out yet, no cover out yet; it's been pending and until then the default GR placeholder was fine. And that's the actual titles of the books and how they're listed on retailers. (Kind of like a ton of books are "XXXX: A Novel" or "XXXX: A Story of a Thing." It's not just throwing it in there to list the series info. That's what the book is called.)

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14867 comments Cole wrote: "And that's the actual titles of the books and how they're listed on retailers. (Kind of like a ton of books are "XXXX: A Novel" or "XXXX: A Story of a Thing.""

Those are removed from the title field when we come across them, according to GR policy:

"The phrase "A Novel" is not considered a subtitle. The phrase "A Novel Of {Something}" or "A {Something} Novel", where {something} is the book's series, should be considered a series indicator rather than a subtitle, and so it should not be present in the title field except as part of the series"
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

message 7: by Cole (new) - added it

Cole McCade | 5 comments That's...an odd policy, but...okay. But please, I'm really not here to talk about the title. I'm begging someone to remove the random image someone slapped up as my book cover until the official cover reveal on the 10th.

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14867 comments I removed the non-cover image.

message 9: by Cole (new) - added it

Cole McCade | 5 comments Thank you; it's much appreciated. <3 That was sending my anxiety through the roof.