Classic Trash discussion

The Maltese Falcon
This topic is about The Maltese Falcon
The Maltese Falcon > The Maltese Falcon: In Progress (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adelaide Blair | 1070 comments Mod
This topic is for those who want to discuss the book in progress. No spoilers please.

Cheryl | 938 comments For those reading the book: have you also seen the movie? I had seen it a long time ago, and didn't really have a strong impression of it.

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I read this a while back, hope everyone enjoys this !

Yeah, I've seen it a couple of times. It's been awhile though. It's got Mary Astor in it, who I always feel is too matronly to be a femme fatale. Other than that, I've always enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the book.

Kirsten *Dogs Welcome - People Tolerated" wrote: "I read this a while back, hope everyone enjoys this !"

Thanks!

Cheryl | 938 comments Adelaide wrote: "Yeah, I've seen it a couple of times. It's been awhile though. It's got Mary Astor in it, who I always feel is too matronly to be a femme fatale. Other than that, I've always enjoyed it. Looking fo..."

I agree with you about Mary Astor in the film. She seemed too "upper class" to be cast in that part. I did love her in other films, though - namely Dodsworth and The Palm Beach Story.

Oh, Dodsworth is SO GOOD!!!!!!!! I love that film so much. I haven't seen it in awhile, need to get on that!

Sarah (sarahmott) | 372 comments I put the wrong book on hold at the library! Waiting for the right one to come around.

Oops!