Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Wizard's Quest (The Tales of Garlan, #3)
This topic is about The Wizard's Quest
Adding New Books & Editions > Is there an easy way to claim a book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D. (new) - added it

D. Casey (dglenncasey) | 5 comments This book went live this morning on Amazon and someone has already added it to GR, which I think is cool and all. But, I can't figure out how to add it to my author's page. I tried going through Add A New Book, but because it is already here, I don't think I should add a new one. How do I go about claiming a book already added, for my author's page? Thanks.

message 2: by D. (new) - added it

D. Casey (dglenncasey) | 5 comments I think I see the problem and will probably need a librarian to fix it. The person who added the book to GR didn't include the "." after my first initial "D". So now there are two D. Glenn Casey profiles. Any way to fix that?

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments Moved to your profile.

It was auto imported from Amazon

message 4: by D. (new) - added it

D. Casey (dglenncasey) | 5 comments Thank you. Should I ask to have the "." in my name here be removed? I can see that that will cause problems in the future and I can't change it at Amazon now. I guess the question is, can it be removed without causing a problem here?

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments No, GR policy is to use the .

If books are imported then you will need to ask for them to be moved or if you know ISBN/ ASIN you can add the book before the auto import