You Are A Badass

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Heffner | 1076 comments Mod
Our book starting today!

message 2: by Lilith (new)

Lilith | 802 comments Mod
looks good! i'm going to start it in a couple of days.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

I just started it. It goes a lot more in depth than I realized. I like the quotes so far. I enjoyed the part where she is doing yoga and focuses on the moment, rather than the past or future page 36.

message 4: by Lilith (new)

"When we're happy and all in love with ourselves, we can't be bothered with the bullshit (our own or other people's.)"

My new mantra!

Repeat, repeat, repeat!

message 5: by Deborah (new)

Yes!!

message 6: by Lilith (new)

Oh, the loincloth man! How I envy his values and the way he choses to live his life! I can see why he choses to live this way, but I still wonder...He must get quite lonely sometimes!

I love the way Jen Sincero describes her trip to India and the Indian culture in general...What stood out a lot for me was her description of her bus trip to Delhi and how there was an unexpected two-hour stop for the passengers to tour the temples...how she describes the passengers not complaining or minding, despite the fact that the stop was unexpected and set them back to arrive much later in Delhi than they expected...The way she compares that reaction to a hypothetical situation of a bus making a stop from New York to DC and how people would react is so eye-opening....To experience that cultural difference and the way people act towards eachother and in general....kind of makes me want to live elsewhere from here!

message 7: by Lilith (new)

My favorite quotes so far:

Your thoughts and beliefs dictate your reality, so if you want to change your reality, you have to change your beliefs.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Because so often we say we're unqualified for something, what we're really saying is that we're too scared to try it, not that we can't do it.

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Page 76...everything you do along your journey contributes to where you're going...

message 9: by Deborah (new)

Love yourself!!!! Fuck yeah

message 10: by Lilith (new)

I love chocolate.

message 11: by Deborah (new)

Overall I enjoyed this book. I loved the parts on overcoming fear and the parts about surrounding yourself with successful people. Love yourself you are a badass!!! N