Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > August (2016) New Releases

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4168 comments Mod
Most Popular Books Published In August 2016
Top 199 books published in August 2016 that people have added on Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...

Will you be reading any new releases this month?

message 2: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4168 comments Mod
I will deifintely be reading It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover It Ends with Us
but then I'm a sucker for a Colleen Hoover book.

I was very pleastently surprised to see a new Dublin Murder Squad on this month's list, for some reason it had passed me by that a new book was coming out!
I will be reading The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad, #6) by Tana French The Trespasser
Just not sure if I'll get round to it this month.

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments I only have one graphic novel release this month, which is great because my two month reading slump put me MASSIVELY behind.
New Suicide Squad Volume 3 New Suicide Squad Volume 3 by Sean Ryan
Also definitely plan on going to see the movie in theater :)

message 4: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments While I didn't share the overall enthusiasm that An Ember in the Ashes gave most readers, I'm still going to read A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir (though I fear by the time I get to it, I'll have forgotten what happened in the first book ...)

Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi sounds like something my oldest daughter would love. As does The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood is going on my to-read list and I'll probably end up reading this fairly soon.

Other books that I might read are

The Fray Theory Resonance (The Fray Theory, #1) by Nelou Keramati
To the Bright Edge of the World by Eowyn Ivey
A House Without Windows by Nadia Hashimi

message 5: by Vicki Willis (last edited Aug 01, 2016 08:21AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 885 comments I am looking forward to A Torch Against the Night A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir and Behind Closed Doors Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris .
I am not doing to well at keeping up with recently released so I didn't look too hard at the list. lol

message 6: by Chasity (new)

Chasity | 4 comments I've been in a slump this month so I think I'm going to take a break from fantasy and mix in something new. The Couple Next Door looks like it might do the trick!

message 8: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2052 comments Mod
Vicki wrote: "I am looking forward to A Torch Against the NightA Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir and Behind Closed Doors Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris.
I ..."

Vickie, would you like to do a buddy read for A Torch Against the Night?

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6122 comments Mod
I haven't had a chance to look at the new release list yet. August has been so busy.

I plan to read A Torch Against the Night at some point too. If you have a buddy read, I might be interested in joining depending on when you do it. I need to get caught up on a lot of reading over the next few weeks.

message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Aug 10, 2016 04:14PM) (new)

Kristie | 6122 comments Mod
I finally had a chance to take a look at the list and A Torch Against the Night is the only one on my TBR, though I might be interested in a few of others that I haven't added yet.

The Girl Who Drank the Moon - this looks really good to me. I'm thinking it may end up in the choice awards. I hope to read this one.
The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo - I expect to see this one in the choice awards this year too.
Watching Edie - looks creepy!
The Sixth Idea - I've only read the first in this series so far.
The Couple Next Door
Behind Closed Doors
Arrowood

All the Ugly and Wonderful Things - 5 of my GR friends have already read this one and given it 5 stars. I'm just not sure if it's for me.