Play Book Tag discussion

In the Sea There are Crocodiles: Based on the True Story of Enaiatollah Akbari
This topic is about In the Sea There are Crocodiles
July 2016: Biography Memoir > In the Sea There are Crocodiles by Fabio Geda - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Booknblues | 6658 comments In the Sea There are Crocodiles: Based on the True Story of Enaiatollah Akbari, is a short but fascinating story of a ten year old Afghanistan boy's journey from Pakistan to Italy. He was brought to Pakistan by his mother because she feared for his life in Afghanistan. She was unable to stay there with him as she had younger children still in Afghanistan which relied on her, so she gave Akbari the advice which she hoped would lead to his survival.

Akbari was indeed a very resilient child who survived dark and dismal times. He traveled over the years from Pakistan to Iran and then into Turkey. From Turkey he traveled across the treacherous stretch of the Mediterranean Sea to Greece.

His an incredible story and worth reading.

message 2: by JoLene (new) - added it

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Sounds interesting.

Booknblues | 6658 comments It was very good and a very quick read.

message 4: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara (mootastic1) | 770 comments My 13 year old and I have decided to read 1 book a month together, and this sounds perfect fof that. Thank you for the review.

Booknblues | 6658 comments I think this would be good for a 13 year old. Be sure to read it first, there were a few instances in which he had to evade sexual predators and you would want to be ready for discussions or skip through that part..

message 6: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara (mootastic1) | 770 comments He read I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings last year, so he has encountered sexual predators and rape before, but thanks for the forewarning. I will definitely read it first.

Booknblues | 6658 comments It isn't a major focal part of the book. Much of it focuses his on his resilience and instincts.