Jackson-Madison County Library Online Book Club discussion

General discussion > Hi! What's everybody reading this summer?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Oliver (last edited Jul 30, 2016 02:32PM) (new)

Oliver | 6 comments Mod
I finally read some Maggie Stiefvater this summer, and, OH MY WORD, I had no idea I would enjoy her writing so much. So far, I've read her Raven Cycle (four brilliant books, full of magic, myths, and wildness), and I'm currently reading The Scorpio Races.
My other favorite book this summer has been Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. The set-up for this book sounds worrisomely maudlin: a girl with a chronic immunosuppressive disorder, who is never able to leave her house, becomes intrigued with the new guy next door, and learns that some things are worth taking risks for. In execution, though, the novel was full of lively surprises. I highly recommend it, and I'm very much looking forward to Yoon's second novel, which comes out in November.
Ok, I think I forgot I wasn't writing a blog post. Sorry I got wordy. What are you guys reading?

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Smith | 2 comments I'm just now seeing this! This summer I read the first two books of The Fifth Wave trilogy by Rick Yancey and really enjoyed them. I really need to read the last book!
I also liked The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros.