2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Melissa's Reading Plan - August 2016

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited Aug 28, 2016 07:57AM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments August plan:

Exposed by Alex Kava (Maggie O’Dell #6)
Winter by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles #4)
The Black Ice by Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch #2)
The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg
The Finest Hour by Michael Tougias
Changes by Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files #12)
A Necessary Evil by Alex Kava (Maggie O'Dell #5)
The Legend of the Rift by Peter Lerangis (Seven Wonders #5)
Island of Dragons by Lisa McMann (Unwanteds #7)
Alive by Scott Sigler
The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan (The Trials of Apollo #1)
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
Magyk by Angie Sage (Septimus Heap #1)
Faithless by Karin Slaughter (Grant County #5)

Exposed (Maggie O'Dell, #6) by Alex Kava Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer The Black Ice (Harry Bosch, #2; Harry Bosch Universe, #2) by Michael Connelly The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg The Finest Hours The True Story of the U.S. Coast Guard's Most Daring Sea Rescue by Michael Tougias Changes (The Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher A Necessary Evil (Maggie O'Dell #5) by Alex Kava The Legend of the Rift (Seven Wonders, #5) by Peter Lerangis Island of Dragons (Unwanteds, #7) by Lisa McMann Alive (The Generations Trilogy, #1) by Scott Sigler The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo, #1) by Rick Riordan The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1) by Angie Sage Faithless (Grant County, #5) by Karin Slaughter

message 2: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments I need to atart the Lunar Chronicles. I think I am one of the last ones to start that series.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2526 comments Changes is one of my favorite Dresden books. Enjoy! I'm all caught up now and am waiting patiently for the next book in the series.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments Happy reading!

message 6: by Melissa (last edited Aug 03, 2016 11:28AM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments I finished reading Island of Dragons by Lisa McMann and am moving on to The Legend of the Rift by Peter Lerangis.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments I finished ready The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan and am moving onto Alive by Scot Sigler.

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Happy reading, Melissa! The Fannie Flagg book looks like fun.

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11284 comments Mod
How did you like The Joy Luck Club?

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments Jonetta wrote: "How did you like The Joy Luck Club?"

I really enjoyed it. The Chinese culture fascinates me. The characters were fantastic and so interesting. I really liked how the chapters were all told by different people. It was easy to follow and everyone is so different. It's was almost like ready a new book each time.

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11284 comments Mod
I loved this book, though it's been a while.

message 12: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Great list Melissa. I haven't read any of those books, so will be interested to see what you think of them.

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments I finished reading The Legend of the Rift and started reading Magyk by Angie Sage.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4453 comments Mod
I read The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan ages ago. Hope you enjoy it.

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments I finished The Finest Hours by Michael Tougias. 5 ★
I'm now starting The All-Girl Filling Station by Fannie Flagg.

message 16: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments I finished reading Alive by Scott Sigler. 5 ★
I'm now starting Changes (The Dresden Files, #12) by Jim Butcher.

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments I finished reading Magyk (Septimus Heap, #1) by Angie Sage.
I'm now starting Winter (Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer.

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1404 comments I finished reading The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg. 5 ★
I'm now starting Faithless (Grant County #5) by Karin Slaughter.