YA Backlist Bookclub discussion

World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
This topic is about World After
2016 Reads > August: World After (Penryn & the End of Days #2) by Susan Ee

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emma (booksand_stardust) | 82 comments Mod
Welcome to the forum for the second book in the Penryn & the End of Days series, by Susan Ee.

I've had this on my tbr for so long, hopefully this gives me the push to continue the series!

AmbWitch I was really looking forwards to reading this and although as a whole I enjoyed it, I didn’t feel it was as good as the first one. Part way through it I found myself losing interest but regained it again towards the end (and after I’d taken a break from reading).

There were so many times that I found myself laughing out loud at this book, such as the naming of the sword and the jokes with the twins (who reminded me too much of the Weasley twins from Harry Potter). There were other times when I would roll my eyes however and just think something was daft. (view spoiler)

I am really enjoying this post-apocalyptic word where people are taking an ‘it’s them or us’ approach and are doing things that would probably shock their former selves but that are enabling their survival. The idea of the swords having feelings and being able to show memories was rather interesting (view spoiler). Just like the last book I am also enjoying the angel politics.

Again, I find myself looking forwards to the next book in the series, but not to the same extent as when I finished the last one. I can see where the series is going but I feel it may throw some surprises at us.

Emma (booksand_stardust) | 82 comments Mod
I finished this today, have to agree it isn't as good as the first one, but I did really love it. This has got to be one of my favourite YA trilogies!

Also (view spoiler) hahahaha! Raffe was so unimpressed but I reckon he secretly loved it ;)

Really enjoying the darkness and the direction it's taking, and I really adore the relationships in the novel, from Raffe and Penryn, right through to her with her sister and mother, and all the supporting characters throughout.