♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
This topic is about A Court of Mist and Fury
Group Reads > A Court of Mist and Fury

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (last edited Jul 30, 2016 10:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights.

message 2: by Farren (last edited Jul 30, 2016 12:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Farren (mmmcookies) LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! It's one of my favorites ever =)

Judith (xo_jaay) | 3 comments Farren wrote: "LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! It's one of my favorites ever =)"

AGREED.

I am definitely re-reading this for the August book club read ! It' so awesome!!! :)

Fathima  | 4 comments I LOVE this book so much!!! This is one of the best books ever! All the characters and all the feels! LOVE it! <3

Gayatri Iyer A BRILLIANT book! I've re-read it over and over and its beauty is still the same!

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) I didn't care for the first book so I'll sit this one out. I'm glad to see that other people enjoy this series though :)

Judith (xo_jaay) | 3 comments Tracey wrote: "I didn't care for the first book so I'll sit this one out. I'm glad to see that other people enjoy this series though :)"

It's definitely different from the first one! So you should give it a try some day, trust me that author made this sequel to be in another league than the first
and I definitely think it's more na than ya, so that's what made it more appealing for me.

Maryann | 1 comments I just read it ~ Love it!! I can't wait for the next one! I agree, much better than the first book

message 9: by Betty (new) - added it

Betty (betamagnificus) I'm halfway through and I'm torn.... I want to love it, because I love all other SJM books, but actually it's a big disappointment for me right now. I feel like the author wants to force me to like certain characters and shippings but I hate it, when someone ruins characters and storylines because of this and I as a reader have no free will to decide anymore. Maybe it gets better.

message 10: by Farren (last edited Aug 03, 2016 08:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Farren (mmmcookies) Betty wrote: "I'm halfway through and I'm torn.... I want to love it, because I love all other SJM books, but actually it's a big disappointment for me right now. I feel like the author wants to force me to like..."

Are you trying to say you liked Feyre and Tamlin better? O.o

Just kidding.

I actually liked that Sarah pointed out all the messed up things he did so she would be over him instead of drawing out this long love triangle story. I don't think I could handle that!

I don't know how I feel about this series turning into 8 books to be honest. When they are too drawn out (TMI for example) it can ruin the overall feel of the series. I hope some of the novellas focus on certain characters, like Lucien. I'd like to read a little separate story on what his life is like without Feyre around, or especially now that you-know-what happened at the end of A Court of Mist and Fury....

I also really want to buy the coloring book!

Judith (xo_jaay) | 3 comments Farren wrote: "Betty wrote: "I'm halfway through and I'm torn.... I want to love it, because I love all other SJM books, but actually it's a big disappointment for me right now. I feel like the author wants to fo..."

YESSS! Same, I love that she showed a dark side we didn't see coming... it made it so much more interesting. I love that she didn't just split them up because "feelings change"

I hope the series focus on feyre, tamlin, and rhysandends on book 3! and the rest are just books on the other characters. *wishful thinking*

message 12: by Fathima (last edited Sep 14, 2016 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fathima  | 4 comments Judith wrote: "Farren wrote: "Betty wrote: "I'm halfway through and I'm torn.... I want to love it, because I love all other SJM books, but actually it's a big disappointment for me right now. I feel like the aut..."

Farren wrote: "Betty wrote: "I'm halfway through and I'm torn.... I want to love it, because I love all other SJM books, but actually it's a big disappointment for me right now. I feel like the author wants to fo..."

Feyre's story do end after the third book actually... SJM said that the new books will be mainly about the other characters who will survive the end of book 3.
I would love if the books would revolve around Cassian and the gang....it would be so cool to know their story :)