Perustopia Book Club discussion

HARRY POTTER! :D

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) YOU HAVE TO HAVE TO THE NEW BOOK IS COMING OUT TOMORROW

message 2: by abi (new)

abi I definitely say you should give it another try! I'm on the fourth book right now but I remember trying to read them in middle school and I couldn't really get into them either. But I'm going to be a junior and I'm really enjoying them! They bring out your inner child but they are also deeper than you would expect.

message 3: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Prerna wrote: "Abi wrote: "I definitely say you should give it another try! I'm on the fourth book right now but I remember trying to read them in middle school and I couldn't really get into them either. But I'm..."

After the third book, the writing gets more mature, but any age would enjoy them!

message 4: by abi (new)

abi Mackenzie wrote: "Prerna wrote: "Abi wrote: "I definitely say you should give it another try! I'm on the fourth book right now but I remember trying to read them in middle school and I couldn't really get into them ..."

For me so far, physical difference is that the books get a whole lot thicker but that is mostly because there is just so much more information.

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby | 24 comments I just finished the first book last night at 12. I literally didn't put it down from the time I picked it up to the time I finished it. It is so worth it!

message 6: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Going to the release of the cursed child! SO. PUMPED!

message 7: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Prerna wrote: "Abi wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "Prerna wrote: "Abi wrote: "I definitely say you should give it another try! I'm on the fourth book right now but I remember trying to read them in middle school and I ..."

My fav book was the second thickest, The Goblet of Fire. SO SO SO SO GOOD! AND THE MOVIE IS AMAZING AS WELL!

message 8: by Mac (last edited Jul 30, 2016 08:41AM) (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Prerna wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "Prerna wrote: "Abi wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "Prerna wrote: "Abi wrote: "I definitely say you should give it another try! I'm on the fourth book right now but I remember trying to ..."

I didn't...........

OMG SO MANY PEOPLE! "Prerna wrote Mackenzie wrote Abi wrote mackenzie wrote prena wrote abi wrote. WOW

message 9: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) I even write Fanfiction. I really want to write one about HP!

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma  (emmaelizabethgrace) | 27 comments HELL YES

message 11: by abi (new)

abi Mackenzie wrote: "Going to the release of the cursed child! SO. PUMPED!"

Me too! I'm still kinda confused. I heard it was based on a play? Or is it following Harry's children?

message 12: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Abi wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "Going to the release of the cursed child! SO. PUMPED!"

Me too! I'm still kinda confused. I heard it was based on a play? Or is it following Harry's children?"

It is a script book.

message 13: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Maaike wrote: "HELL YES"

About the fanfiction?

message 14: by Mac (last edited Jul 30, 2016 08:48AM) (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Prerna wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "I even write Fanfiction. I really want to write one about HP!"

Hey that's great! I too love writing, not fan-fiction though. Wanna become an author too :D"

YA! Wow, these notifications are late. I just got one about a comment from Maaike. That was a while ago!

message 15: by abi (new)

abi I have contemplated about writing a HP fanfic too but I gotta finish the series first...

message 16: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Abi wrote: "I have contemplated about writing a HP fanfic too but I gotta finish the series first..."

LOL. Do u know who Luna Lovegood is?

message 17: by abi (new)

abi Yes! I haven't met her in the books yet but I love Luna!

message 18: by Mac (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Abi wrote: "Yes! I haven't met her in the books yet but I love Luna!"

AGREED! My idea is about her, but I will have to finish my HG fanfic and my current original story to write that one, (I have like a bizillion ideas, no joke)

message 19: by abi (new)

abi What site do you write them on?

message 20: by Mac (last edited Jul 30, 2016 09:03AM) (new)

Mac (excessiveannotations) Abi wrote: "What site do you write them on?"

Wattpad and Goodreads. But I write only my original stories on goodreads.

message 21: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 136 comments Happy birthday to Neville Longbottom!!

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 15 comments Harry Potter is my all time favourite series, so here goes :)

But Harry Potter is so much more than a middle grade-series. The first three books are childish to some point, but that dosn't mean you can't enjoy them. Besides, Harry Potter is about two 21-year old parents being brutally murdered, their son growing up in a racist society, suffering from PTSD. But it is also about friendship, growing up, love and so many other important things. Trust me, if you read the seven books, you are going to find a new home at Hogwarts, and love all of the characters so, so much.

And it's understandable if you find the first books middle grade, but if you just keep reading, then that will go away. I'm eighteen and I love all these books.

P. S. Any other Potterheads going to a midnight release party for Harry Potter and The Cursed child?

message 23: by abi (new)

abi I love seeing how much people care for their beloved book series. It brings me happiness.

message 24: by Sunniva (new)

Sunniva | 37 comments It always makes me smile to see people love the same books as I do. However I wondered what you guys think about the houses. Especially with the stereo types and the gigantic amount of fannon?

message 25: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Walker (NekosBooks) (neko-firedemontempest) Percy Jackson get's better with every book. I'd give them another try I just reread them after 5 years and fell in love with the series all over again.

message 26: by Xoxoasia (new)

Xoxoasia | 103 comments Harry Potter is literally a modern classic. Everyone reads it. Once you get past the two first books, the real action starts happening. When you finish the series, that feeling is truly rewarding.

message 27: by Nikki (new)

Nikki | 154 comments New book comes out in 4 hours and 53 minutes