Haaave Ya Met... discussion

Beta Reader Talk > Looking for beta readers for a romantic suspense

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 4 comments Hi all,

As the title says, I'm in search of beta readers for a contemporary romantic suspense. The novel is 108k, which may be a touch too long, and one of the things I really need from a beta is a feel for where things are dragging or extraneous.

Reader beware: it does contain erotic content and it also has some violence, which is not very graphic, but it may upset some readers.

Here's the blurb to give you a flavour:

Her father was supposed to pay.
She was supposed to die.
It was supposed to stay buried.

Nine months after Faith Roden was kidnapped, beaten and left for dead, she's physically recovered. But she remembers nothing of her abduction, and is grappling with several other gaps in her life left by trauma-induced amnesia.

Headstrong Faith is determined to move on and ignore all the things she's lost, throwing herself into her career as a journalist and diving into a new romance. Yet, when violent nightmares begin to haunt her and a trickle of memories becomes a flood, she has no choice but to confront a past that jeopardises her future.

If you think you might be interested, it'd be great to hear from you. I'm not on a deadline, but if you could read it and provide feedback within a month, that'd be great.

Thanks for your time.
Samantha

message 2: by Chantol (new)

Chantol Aspinall (goodreadscomchantolaspinall) | 7 comments Samantha wrote: "Hi all,

As the title says, I'm in search of beta readers for a contemporary romantic suspense. The novel is 108k, which may be a touch too long, and one of the things I really need from a beta is ..."

Hey Samantha if you are still looking for beta readers for your novel I'd love to beta for you. If you are willing we could swap books. Mine is entitled Slave to his Wishes and is also a romance. It is only 67k words. Let me know.

message 3: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Ellis | 4 comments Hi Chantol.

Thanks for getting in touch. Will PM you.