The Sword and Laser discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2898 comments I searched the forums first but nobody has mentioned Litsy yet. It's an iOS app that's like Instagram for books. I'm hooked. If you sign up, I'm Readingenvy and all the book nerds are there. Woohoo!

message 2: by Tassie Dave, S&L Historian (new)

Tassie Dave | 3656 comments Mod
I just downloaded it to check it out.

It seems OK, but probably needs a few more sections.
I'll give it a go and see if it sticks.

Litsy doesn't like spaces in Usernames so: TassieDave

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Collins | 167 comments I heard about Litsy a little while back. I'm hoping it takes off. I haven't been all that active on it, largely because I haven't been reading as much as I would like.

My username is RobertLCollins.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin Lance | 20 comments Just signed up and hoping to play around with it some later. RadiantAegis is the user name.

message 5: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 1 comments I've been on Litsy for a couple of months now and it's really great! It's a rather small community now but it's growing all the time. As you might have heard already, it's an amalgam of Instagram and GoodReads. I've enjoyed it for its simplicity and the creative possibilities. The contents spread across the gamut of all genres which might not be for those who only want to read specific categories. It also has fun reading challenges similar to GoodReads and BookTube.

message 6: by Sky (new)

Sky | 665 comments (obligatory remark) iOS only? boo...

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 2898 comments Sky wrote: "(obligatory remark) iOS only? boo..."

Yeah for now I guess

message 8: by Bill (new)

Bill | 105 comments Signed up and looked at it quick. Didn't really get a good grasp of how it works but should be able to play around with it more later. Username is Bills.

message 9: by Joanna Chaplin (new)

Joanna Chaplin | 1175 comments Bill wrote: "Signed up and looked at it quick. Didn't really get a good grasp of how it works but should be able to play around with it more later. Username is Bills."

I'll have to wait for the Android version. So what does it give you that Goodreads doesn't? What is it like?

message 10: by Bill (new)

Bill | 105 comments The focal point seems to be people posting photos of their books. I dropped it already since this doesn't hold any value for me. Might just be missing something.