You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > August 2016 - Books Announced

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Jul 30, 2016 12:38AM) (new)

Sarah | 18222 comments The August group reads will be The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng, nominated by Lisa, and Louisiana Longshot by Jana Deleon, nominated by Casceil.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18222 comments @Lisa and Casceil - are you both ok to lead the discussions for these?

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Yes, I'm happy to lead The Garden of Evening Mists discussion, Sarah.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18222 comments Thanks Lisa.

message 5: by Almeta (last edited Jul 30, 2016 02:03AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10490 comments I enjoyed reading The Garden of Evening Mists just recently and Louisiana Longshot is not available to me, so I'm afraid I'll miss getting a badge this month. Very disappointed since I don't think I've missed any month since I started participating.☻

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18222 comments You can still participate in the discussion for Evening Mist and claim a badge Almeta. And you can get a stamp for reading another book in the theme.

message 7: by Sandra, Moderator (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9694 comments I'll try to join the The Garden of Evening Mists discussion. It has been in my TBR for a while, and it has a 4.00 average among my GR friends. August will be total craziness, but I will try to join.

message 8: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1649 comments I will be joining Louisiana Longshot.

We all have things that make us never want to read something. This book appeared on one of my no go lists. If I hadn't seen it there I may have tried.

I am so behind in my books right now. I am reading Lord Jim. Its beautiful but a hard read. Thus I don't want to add another book to the pile

message 9: by Casceil (new)

Casceil | 2680 comments I will be happy to lead the Louisiana Longshot discussion, Sarah.

message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51452 comments Almeta wrote: "I enjoyed reading The Garden of Evening Mists just recently and Louisiana Longshot is not available to me, so I'm afraid I'll miss getting a badge this month. Very d..."

I hope you find a book in the theme and discuss it for a stamp.

message 11: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51452 comments I checked my TRAC library, and Louisiana Longshot was available. I downloaded it and will be ready to read it as soon as I finish my current book.

message 12: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 10490 comments Debra found a copy of Louisiana Longshot for me, so I'll be reading that with some of you.

message 13: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 51452 comments Almeta wrote: "Debra found a copy of Louisiana Longshot for me, so I'll be reading that with some of you."

Yeah!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 18222 comments Thanks Casceil.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.