Goodreads Ireland discussion

Rain Dogs (Detective Sean Duffy, #5)
This topic is about Rain Dogs
Previous Quarterly Reads > Aug-Oct: Rain Dogs

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) This is the discussion thread for our August - October quarterly group read Rain Dogs by Adrian McKinty

message 2: by Margo (new)

Margo I'm a bit anal about reading series in the correct order, so I'm going to The Cold Cold Ground and take it from there.

Lorraine | 152 comments My library is pretty slow in getting the book but I'm looking forward to this. I read somewhere this is a locked room mystery so it probably doesn't matter if it's the 5th book in the series.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Flanagan (emma89) Spoiler thread is now open. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Margo (new)

Margo I asked Susan about it and she said it could be read as a stand-alone. I don't thin it's a big thing with these kind of series to read out of order.

message 6: by Margo (new)

Margo Hum, I think I'll wait and read in order. If the character is interesting it's good to see them develop. I'm pleased to a new series to try :-)

Susan | 4707 comments Margo, if that is what makes you comfortable then do it. But you can absolutely read it as a stand alone.

message 8: by Margo (new)

Margo Susan wrote: "Margo, if that is what makes you comfortable then do it. But you can absolutely read it as a stand alone."

Susan, you're probable right, I'm too set in my ways! Unless I can get a book in the library I insist on reading in order. I actually considered doing the same with the Pratchett but there's just too damn many lol.

This sounds like a series I will enjoy so I want to savour it. Why do irish libraries carry so few books by irish authors. It's mad!