Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Merging Ebooks Under Correct Name

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H.F. (new)

H.F. Daniels (hfdaniels) | 6 comments Hello Everyone:

I have an ebook published here on Goodreads titled:
Manhunter Revelations (Manhunter Chronicles Book #1)
I have two ebook editions showing with two different covers. I recently
added my newest and third ebook cover under the correct spelling of my name:
H. F. Daniels (in my profile)
Unfortunately my original copy was published under the name:
H.F. Daniels (In my profile, no space between the H-period-F)
Can someone please edit my name under for my original editions and merge all my copies. The Correct spelling for my name is
H. F. Daniels (with one space between the period and F)
Thank you very much.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Goodreads policy is to not have space between initials in the author name. H.F. Daniels conforms to the policy :)

Corrected the author name on stray edition and combined with the other editions. All the editions can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

Added a Kindle edition with the new cover and also created a new series

If you want the new cover to be shown as default (that comes up on author page, user searches, etc), please follow these steps

message 3: by H.F. (new)

H.F. Daniels (hfdaniels) | 6 comments I again need a librarian's help in correcting my name initials so that a second ebook I have listed on Goodreads can be properly added to my profile. The problem is that my name on the book cover is H. F. Daniels (space between initials) This is how my ebooks are published via Smashwords. Can I have the space removed so that both of my ebooks show under my profile.

The 2nd ebook I have on the site is:

"Manhunter Realizations" Book #2 of The Manhunter Chronicles
ISBN #9781370258123,
Published 09/15/16 via Smashwords

Thanking all in advance for their help.

message 4: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 22030 comments H.F. wrote: "I again need a librarian's help in correcting my name initials so that a second ebook I have listed on Goodreads can be properly added to my profile. The problem is that my name on the book cover i..."

Moved the book to your profile and also added it to the series: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1856...

Adding a new message to an older thread will not always be noticed. Usually best to start a new thread.

message 5: by H.F. (new)

H.F. Daniels (hfdaniels) | 6 comments Thank you Arenda.