Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Challenge/Read-a-Thon > August 2016 - Fairy Tales Remade

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Aug 04, 2016 07:47PM) (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 280 comments August 2016 Monthly Challenge - Fairy Tales Remade
Duration: August 1, 2016 to August 31, 2016

Directions
→ Choose a book based on any of the classic Fairy Tales we all know and love!
→ You MUST use books in the paranormal/urban fantasy/fantasy/etc. genre!
→ List the fairy tale your choice is based on.
For example: Cinder by Marissa Meyer (based on Cinderella)

Difficulty Levels
Easy – Read 2 books
Medium – Read 4 books
Hard – Read 6 books
Read-a-holic – Read 8 books

Challenge Rules
→ When you sign up for the challenge, please post some kind of a place saver so that I can link you up under the participants. Once you have decided on your books, just edit that post so that the link under the Participants List will go to your list!

→ When you finish reading a book, please edit your post and add the date completed.

→ You may only use each book once in the challenge, but feel free to use the same titles in other challenges!

→ When you complete the challenge, please copy and paste your entire, completed list as a brand new message to make it easier for everyone to see what you've read, and to have your name marked as "completed".

→ If you decide that you've bitten off more than you can chew, feel free to let me know you'd like to downgrade, or even back out of the challenge. Please do not delete the post. It will mess up the links to other participants' postings if you do.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Aug 04, 2016 07:49PM) (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 280 comments Participants
in order of post

Annie - Medium
Cindy - Easy
Amy - Easy

message 3: by Annie (last edited Aug 29, 2016 06:07AM) (new)

Annie Johnson | 50 comments I'm in!

Changed to Hard

6/6 Complete

1. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen (Robin Hood) 8/2/16
2. Red by Kate SeRine (Fairy tale comes to life in real work, Red Riding Hood is main character in this book) 8/3/16
3. Before Midnight by Jennifer Blackstream (Cinderella) 8/5/16
4. One Bite by Jennifer Blackstream (Snow White) 8/9/16
5. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer(Cinderella, Snow White, Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, The Little Mermaid) 8/10/16
6. The Better To See You by Kate SeRine(Fairy tale comes to life in real work, MC is fairy godmother from Cinderella) 8/11/16

Read: Scarlet (Scarlet, #1) by A.C. Gaughen Red (Transplanted Tales, #1) by Kate SeRine Before Midnight (Blood Prince, #1) by Jennifer Blackstream One Bite (Blood Prince, #2) by Jennifer Blackstream Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #4.5) by Marissa Meyer The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2) by Kate SeRine

message 4: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 243 comments Ohh! I have a couple of these books on my Kindle that I've never gotten around to reading! Now's my chance to get started!

Easy 0/2 Complete

message 5: by Amy (last edited Aug 02, 2016 02:41PM) (new)

Amy | 1 comments August 2016 Monthly Challenge - Fairy Tales Remade
Duration: August 1, 2016 to August 31, 2016

Easy 0/2 Complete

Directions
→ Choose a book based on any of the classic Fairy Tales we all know and love!
→ You MUST use books in the paranormal/urban fantasy/fantasy/etc. genre!

A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
Winter by Marissa Meyer
Masque by W.R. Gingell
Gathering Frost by Kaitlyn Davis
The Ugly Stepsister by Aya Ling

message 6: by E.A. (new)

E.A. | 52 comments I'm in

Medium – Read 4 books

0/4

message 7: by Carly (last edited Aug 29, 2016 05:56PM) (new)

Carly (car88) AUGUST 2016 - FAIRY TALES REMADE

I'll start easy..

·The Dark Queen by Jovee Winters (8/5/16)
Evil Queen/Snow White re-telling, POV of the queen
·Chasing Rabbits by Erin R. Bedford (8/27/16)
Modern day Alice in Wonderland re-telling

» The Dark Queen (The Dark Queens Book 5) by Jovee Winters Chasing Rabbits (The Underground, #1) by Erin R. Bedford «

message 9: by Jenncw (last edited Aug 15, 2016 09:53AM) (new)

Jenncw | 6 comments Ashley wrote: "
August 2016 Monthly Challenge - Fairy Tales Remade

I hope it isn't too late to sign up for this. I was just looking at Fairy Tale books for my PopSugar 2016 Challenge, and I was surprised that I hadn't already read a fairy tale-based book, as I usually LOVE those types of books.

I said I would do the easy level, but I checked out a book Annie listed above, and I devoured the whole series, so I'm at Hard - 6 Books, and I might go to 8!
Before Midnight (Blood Prince, #1) by Jennifer Blackstream (Cinderella)
One Bite (Blood Prince, #2) by Jennifer Blackstream (Snow White)
Golden Stair (Blood Prince, #3) by Jennifer Blackstream (Rapunzel)
Divine Scales (Blood Prince, #4) by Jennifer Blackstream (The Little Mermaid)
Beautiful Salvation (Blood Prince, #5) by Jennifer Blackstream (Sleeping Beauty)
All for a Rose (The Blood Realm #1) by Jennifer Blackstream (Beauty and the Beast)

message 10: by Annie (new)

Annie Johnson | 50 comments Jenncw wrote: "Ashley wrote: "
August 2016 Monthly Challenge - Fairy Tales Remade
I hope it isn't too late to sign up for this. I was just looking at Fairy Tale books for my PopSugar 2016 Challenge, and I was su..."

Glad you liked them! I am only 2 in but they are def on my list to continue to read :)

message 11: by Vannessa (last edited Sep 03, 2016 12:25PM) (new)

Vannessa | 175 comments As it's so late in the month I'm going with easy level for now.

1. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer (Cinderella, Snow White & Rapunzel) FINISHED September 3rd!!! Didn't realise this book was so long! Almost 900 pages! LOL
2. Before Midnight (Blood Prince, #1) by Jennifer Blackstream (Cinderella) I've had this one on my kindle for ages, so why not read it along with the rest of you :D