The Realms discussion

Mod Chat!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Alright I need Ideas:)

First what should the name of the group be?
And who would like to create the description cuz I suck at making them!!

message 2: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Kate Kid (katekid) | 312 comments Mod
I can make it. Though, I need to know what's going on first.

Can you give me a basic outline of what you would like and I'll add some ideas as building blocks? :)

I think we can decide both of those after we figure out what we're putting out.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay:)
Alright so basically I don't think we need like a plot for everyone to go off of people will be able to do their own thing.

However, the people in charge AKA The royal family are important to this group:P
Now any idea what we should do:) I am all ears!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe it could be like a dark side and light side kinda thing IDK!:P

message 5: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

I think the plot should be more.... worldly. Like, there is an over laying plot that people can participate in that is constantly going.... But they can also choose to ignore it.

So, for example.

A war breaks out, the country is thrown into havoc. The characters can join the military, the royal family can also have something happen to them. Random civilians can have a choice. Though.... Much like war, there are many people that aren't effected. So they can go on with their normal life. It'll just help give people purpose in order to roleplay with others.

Well, the war is a very real idea that we can put forth. XD I always think it's interesting to have world building stuff in there.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

LOVE IT!! Should it be a war between another royal family or something else? And why exactly are they going to war? Money? Land?

message 7: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

What if there isn't one royal family but two? So we have two kingdoms for people to play in. Then we won't have a bad guy. People get to choose which side they are on?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good:)
I like that idea a lot:)
Now shall these royal families be humans or something else?

message 9: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Why don't we have them different than each other? So for example, one is human and one is a cat.

Though.... Now.... I have an idea that is alright if you don't agree with. Since I have a feeling most people will create humans anyways. Not sure though, it could be very different.

What if humans aren't the dominant race? What if humans are the ones that are... uncommon?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

That's exactly what I was thinking! They are almost an extinct race basically and people tell stories about them being myths.

I know that I really want to have one of my characters be from that of a dragon... So one of the royal families could be descendants from dragons?

message 11: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Sweet! I've always hated that humans are always the highlight. I mean, Elves are so much smarter! (Usually in most lores.)

Sounds good to me. Oh, I believe they're called Dragonborns. They're humanoid but they look like well... humanoid dragons. XD Or are you talking about all dragons?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Dragonborns is exactly what i am talking about:)

And yes same here! Its like come on people create something more exciting!

message 13: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Sweet!

Right!? RIGHT!? Thank you! I was thinking the same thing! Humans have no magical powers what so ever. There is no way that they would be able to go up against magical beings and enslave them.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahahaha indeed they wouldn't!

Okay! And the other family should be??? What species!

For the DragonBorns I like the family name: Agnidev (the fire God)

message 15: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Works for me. What should the kingdom name be? If you want, you should be the leader of that kingdom. XD I can be the other if you would like.

I honestly love catfolk. Like, those Neko characters you see in anime. I think elves are far too.... predictable to be the royal family. Though, it would also be more realistic.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

That works:p I like leadingXD and the name of the kingdom..Hmmmmm... I'm trying to think!

I love cats! You can totally do it:p maybe to make them a little fiercer they derive from jungle cats and such:p

message 17: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Well, usually there are two types of Catfolk. There are jungle cats and house cats. The jungle cats are a lot larger than the house cats. :) So the royal family can be jungle cats, but there are two different kinds.

Though, I was thinking, why not have both of them in the castle? There are pros and cons of each different type of cat.

((I play dungeons and dragons way too much.))

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

((Haha that's okay!))

Okay that is perfect! Have you picked a family name for them and your kingdom name? I will start creating the character creation!

Also should there be a large amount of Dragonborns or should the royal family be the last of them?

message 19: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

No, I think that adds too much close ends. I don't think royals should be.... exceptions to rules. To show that they are still human. I think it might point the "bad guy" finger towards your kingdom. Just because people see difference or rare as something to be scared of and to hate. You know?

((I think far too deep about symbolism.))

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay:) So there shall be plenty of them! And is it my kingdom that starts the war against yours or the other way around!

(Symbolism is a lovely thing! I enjoy it:D)

message 21: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

(Sweet. ;) We'll get along swimmingly then.)

And would you like me to roll for it? It could even be a natural thing that they just clashed one time. Like, it was coming one way or another and it just happened.

But yeah, I can roll for it if you want. You just pick evens or odds.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Maybe they go to war because my character refuses to marry one of the royals from your kingdom????

if not we can roll:D

message 23: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

I like that one. They are already heading to war pretty much. This marriage is supposed to stop it, they refuse, and war breaks out. You should add why they refused though, so we can keep both kingdoms in the gray. We should also write what our kingdoms are like.

What are the rules? What do they think of the war? How does the royal family pretty much act and how do they treat their people? Just so people have some basis of what side they are choosing to be on. We need pros and cons for each of them, though. ;)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

So I am thinking that my kingdom should be known as Dantae

I think the reason she wouldn't want to marry is because of the fact....hmmm..she despises them I guess or something like thatXD

The Kingdom a rich and bountiful one. Majority of the civilians who inhabit it are very well off. Where they live, I would say desert setting. The days are hot and the nights bring storms and rain.

The royal family is a punctual and poised one. They try to keep peace amongst their people and provide well for them. But it is clear that the marriage may also be beneficial for the royal family due to the fact that they are a smaller kingdom and location.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

If that makes senseXD feel free to add!

message 26: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

I'm actually confused about the explanation of the royal family and the kingdom.

And for your character thread, I think you should put "The Agnidev Family Characters". Because if your kingdom is Dantae, then the characters that live there that isn't the royal family should post there.

So, two character threads for each kingdom? One for royals and one for common people?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes to the last question and totally didn't think about that when I made the title!!!

I will figure out something:P
So also create a description for your people and kingdom and I will try to work on mine!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

This just came to me! So my lead character is going to be youngish Looks young anyway. She is Queen. But is not married or betrothed. The King and Queen before her died somehow and she was next in line??? Does that sound okay?

message 29: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Will do.

Yeah, sounds good to me. My leader will probably be an old and wise king.

I'll start working on my characters soon. :)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

KK:) Same here!
And I am working on descriptions of the kingdom right now.

message 31: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Sweet. Sounds good to me.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Alright! Got it done! (For the most part! If questions come up about anything I will add on!)

message 33: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

I'll read through it and give you any questions I come up with. :)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

sounds good:)

message 35: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

So, my brain is fried at the moment, so it'll take me a bit to get my stuff up. Never watch anime for seven hours straight.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate Kid (Nohrian Scum)*Teddy's favorite Peanut* wrote: "So, my brain is fried at the moment, so it'll take me a bit to get my stuff up. Never watch anime for seven hours straight."

Hahahahaha!!! Basically me with Game of Thrones right now XD understandable!!

message 37: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Haha. Oh yeah. I watched the entire series of Death Parade, the Death Billards short, and then two episodes of One Punch Man.

Now my fiance is finding us more crap to watch so I can die more.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahahaahahaha:D Men:p

message 39: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

They're fantastic. XD

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

TotallyXD My Boyfriend is in Utah for the next two years so I am having withdrawals!!!

message 41: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Haha, that's where I'm living right now with my fiance. XD

message 42: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

But that totally sucks that you are having withdrawals.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea:/ I hate it! I was living with him before and now...I'm alone:( it sucks!

And I love your family btw!!! It's all perfect!!! So shall we stick with the name for the group?

message 44: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Oh, that's horrible! I just barely moved in with mine.

Thank you. :) I love yours as well.

And yeah, that sounds good to me. Would you like me to write up the description?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

And yes description and then I will invite:) And if you could as well that would be lovely!

message 46: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Alright. Um.... I think we need more things in the general location. There are some things that we haven't covered. I can do that if you would like.

I just need to know a summary of what the kingdom is like. What it looks like and everything. What it's like to live there and such.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

For the description?
I would basically use the descriptions we just made:p

and what would you like in general location?

message 48: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Alright. Sounds good.

I think a more world building topic for what everything looks like and how the royal family is. Just to describe what each kingdom is like a little bit more. You know, somewhere where we could really write out lore and it's just for that kingdom.

Then a Questions Section, Roleplay Requests, Character Seeking, Rules, and then just an Announcements. So we can add general updates of what is going on in the war if enough people participate in it. So, if there is a battle we can roll on the winner of it so it's fair. :) Then it'll bounce back and forth between kingdoms. Just like a news place so it just seems like the kid yelling things on the street and selling newspapers.

If that makes sense.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good for the bottom part!

and you are definitely more experienced with they top part and my brain is fried!!!XD If you would like to add on to what I wrote please feel free!! I need your creative expertise!!!

message 50: by Kate Kid, Emperor (new)

Heh, I'll write it up tomorrow. Well, I'll do both of those tomorrow. ;) I drank tea and now I'm fully relaxed. XD I am now one with the couch.

« previous 1 3 4