Perustopia Book Club discussion

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
Saddest HP moment?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Megan | 19 comments (view spoiler)

Nikki | 154 comments When Cedric dies

message 3: by Mac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mac (excessiveannotations) (view spoiler)

message 4: by Mac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mac (excessiveannotations) THIS DISCUSSION CONTAINS SPOILERS BEWARE

message 5: by abi (new) - rated it 4 stars

abi I'm only on the fourth book but I know I'm gonna lose it when Fred dies. I've gotten way too attached to the Weasley twins.

message 6: by Mac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mac (excessiveannotations) Abi wrote: "I'm only on the fourth book but I know I'm gonna lose it when Fred dies. I've gotten way too attached to the Weasley twins."

BEWARE

Farrukh Siddiqui (sos21) | 48 comments saddest: when Snape dies
happiest: why harry finds out what a douchebag his dad was.

message 8: by Mac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mac (excessiveannotations) Adnan wrote: "saddest: when Snape dies
happiest: why harry finds out what a douchebag his dad was."

IKR

message 9: by Xoxoasia (new) - added it

Xoxoasia | 103 comments For me, I always dread Sirius's death. It's so much worse than the movie in the book.

Swati | 95 comments Xoxoasia wrote: "For me, I always dread Sirius's death. It's so much worse than the movie in the book."

I know!
I was listening to the audiobook and waited 1 week before listening to that part D:
I always start crying :'(

maria (maria-blackthorn) I never realised that Sirius black died despite watching the films millions of times so that part really hit home

Yasmin Halliwell Fraser Bower | 297 comments Mmm, there are a lot. Sirius death, memories from the night Lily and James died, when Dumbledore was drinking that potion to get the locket of Slytherin. Snape admititng his undying love for Lily. OH MY GOD, SO MANY FEELS.

Nikki | 154 comments Sirius and Cedric death

Betty (betamagnificus) When Harry turns the resurrection stone in the forbidden forest before he goes battling Voldemort

message 15: by Mac (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mac (excessiveannotations) Yasmin wrote: "Mmm, there are a lot. Sirius death, memories from the night Lily and James died, when Dumbledore was drinking that potion to get the locket of Slytherin. Snape admititng his undying love for Lily. ..."

OMG SNAPE'S MEMORIES OF LILY MADE ME UGLY CRY

Naoé | 265 comments OMG SO MANY Cedric's death, Sirius's death, Dobby's death, Fred's death but also all the memories of Snape when he was a student at Hogwarts

message 17: by Tara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara (taraprasad73) | 11 comments The prince tale. I can't imagine anything sadder than that.

Shizuka (space_melody) | 23 comments when Harry is about to go to Voldemort and he sees his parents, Remus and Sirius and his dad tells him tey will go with him until the very end, I cried so so much, like sobbing actually :(

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Fred's death was awful and obviously really upset me, but nothing has ever made me sob like Dobby's death.

Katherine Lara | 175 comments Harry Potter is full of sad moments. The ones that got to me the most were the deaths of Hedwig, Sirius, Lupin and Tonks. These were all my favorite characters and it was so sad that a lot of good characters died in this series.

message 21: by Shaz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shaz (severuspls) when harry visits godrick's hollow

message 22: by Bethany ♡ (new) - added it

Bethany ♡ (bfmmcdermott) When Sirius died
When Fred died
When Dobby died
When Dumbledore died

I cant decide...

message 23: by Saana (new) - added it

Saana | 9 comments When Sirius, Fred and Remus and Tonks die :(

message 24: by Will (new) - added it

Will Smith | 7 comments When the book seven ended.

Brynn Rova (brynn_kathryn) This last time I read it, I still cried at all the usual parts, but I absolutely BAWLED at Harry fixing his wand and talking to Dumbledore's portrait at the end.

Laura✧˚ · . (shelby_) | 61 comments There are a lot of them so I'm gonna write the one that hurt me the most:
-When Cedric dies and his father finds out.
-When Sirius dies(honestly that broke my heart)
-Dobby's death
-When Dumbledore dies.
-When Snape says always.