Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)
This topic is about Oathbringer
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Oathbringer [Nov 2017]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 740 (740 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
So next to Malazan this is my favorite series out there. The day book three Oathbreaker comes out I'll be reading it. I cannot recommend the first two books enough so if people catchup we could have a massive group read when it comes out next year.

message 2: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
I'm totally in for this one. Loved the first two.

message 3: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

I may be up for a re-read of the first two once we get an actual release date for #3.

message 4: by Seán (new)

Seán | 602 comments I read the first one when it was out, but held off on the second one as I hate waiting too long for books to release - luckily Sanderson is prolific enough that I'm never waiting too long!

I had planned on rereading the The Way of Kings sometime soon, so if anyone's up for that I am all in!

message 5: by Dani (new)

Dani | 577 comments Scott, don't you mean Oathbringer? You didn't name the author or put a link up to these book(s) in your first post but when I look up Stormlight Archives it leads to Oathbringer, not Oathbreaker.

I guess I need to read Sanderson asap. There's so many books of his so many people love. In other words, I'm going to add this series to my tbr list right now :-).

message 6: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

DOH! Yes Oathbringer.

Oathbringer

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Iam about to start the Way of Kings with a friend of mine around next week. I sneaked a peek and read the prelude and prologue and just wow...so if anybody is up for this would be great. If not maybe ill just post my thoughts as i go along on my own

message 8: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

Open a thread and I'll contribute. Next to Malazan this is my favorite series of all time.

message 9: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

I will also sneak in on your reading thoughts. I loved The Way of Kings

Jarek "the Mistborn" Dąbrowski (jarekthemistborn) | 408 comments Nice. It would be Great to hear your thoughts on this and most likely helpful:)

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

According to all the Sanderson site's he's done with the first draft and November is looking more and more realistic.

message 12: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott wrote: "According to all the Sanderson site's he's done with the first draft and November is looking more and more realistic."

Sweet!

Chris  (haughtc) | 1767 comments That's awesome. Looks like I'll be ready for it too :)

message 14: by Don (new) - rated it 4 stars

Don H.M (theayatollahofrock) | 23 comments Let me preface this by saying, i am a slow reader who likes to take time to finish books. I finished Way of kings in 3 days and Words of radiance in 2. Then i found out Sanderson hadn't even started third book and regretted my decision to blaze through it immediately. It's one of the few series where reading it a second time makes it better.

Currently, we know Wit is Hoid, Kaladin is going back to his parents and Odium is coming. More importantly Szeth Son Son Volano has Nightblood. My favorite character from Warbraker is teaming up with my favorite character from Stormlight. I said "Holy Shit" out loud in a public library when i read that part.

I would highly recommend reading Warbreaker, Elantris and Edgedancer before Oathbringer. They first two great standalones but how they tie into Stormlight is brilliant. Edgedancer on the other hand is a glimpse into the shit that's going to go down after the ending of WoR....and i can safely say that Epic is an understatement for what's coming.

message 15: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

Don wrote: "Let me preface this by saying, i am a slow reader who likes to take time to finish books. I finished Way of kings in 3 days and Words of radiance in 2. Then i found out Sanderson hadn't even starte..."

Book 2.5 is out Edgedancer

message 16: by Miche (last edited Mar 11, 2017 03:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Miche | 3147 comments Amazon and Kobo both have the book listed for release on November 14, 2017. I already pre-ordered my copy and for sure I will start it as soon as I receive it. :)

Slick | 94 comments OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

Hacen | 883 comments WOOHOO!!!!!!

message 19: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

$90 for the audio CD with no audible version available! WOW. I'd like to get the kindle version with whispersync since it's Kramer and Reading and reading along to them is great but I'll have to wait.

Miche | 3147 comments Maybe the Audible version will be available when it gets closer to the date. I will for sure get it as soon as it will be available.

message 21: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
LOL! You know they'll have an audible preorder up soon anyways

message 22: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Mar 11, 2017 04:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Not every book starts out with Audible and especially not whispersync. Some don't even do digital for a year. The Vagrant series which I'm a fan of kindle is delayed a year and there's no audio.

message 23: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Well that helps my case for procrastinating on this series then!

message 24: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Mar 11, 2017 05:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margret wrote: "Well that helps my case for procrastinating on this series then!"

Ya book two which came out a year ago was just release four days ago on kindle. Meanwhile book three is out in April and I expect the same. Book one finally had audio release after almost two years.

Hacen | 883 comments Love it! Maybe the next one will have Shallan on the cover.

Miche | 3147 comments I loved this cover!

message 28: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

Love the cover but somewhat surprised it's not Dalinar on the cover given this is supposed to be "his book".

Slick | 94 comments @Scott Dalinar is on Kals, Kaladin in on Shallans cover and Jasnah on Dalinars. I know what you mean haha

message 30: by Gunner (new) - added it

Gunner | 3 comments I also plan on reading Oathbringer upon its release. I don't know how the reading group thing works but I am interested in participating.

message 31: by Ahdam (new) - added it

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments My interest is at its peak with this series I've got the books but I wont be starting it till summer along with other Sanderson novels as well as some buddy reads of my choosing hopefully I'll be able to read them all before this book is released

message 32: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gunner wrote: "I also plan on reading Oathbringer upon its release. I don't know how the reading group thing works but I am interested in participating."

Just comment on this thread as you read, make sure to hide your spoilers if it is a spoiler.

message 33: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm in on opening day as well.

message 34: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

November 14th seems a long way away but I'm just bumping this because I'm still in and cannot wait.

message 35: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments I'm right there with you Scott. I held off reading Edgedancer til this month, and I can't wait to do some rereads heading into Oathbringer. Totally pumped.

message 36: by C.P. (last edited May 27, 2017 07:20AM) (new) - added it

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I still haven't read Edgedancer, Liam. For no reason at all. I really need to get to that. Very much looking forward to reading Way of Kings and Words of Radiance again.

message 37: by Ahdam (new) - added it

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments I feel like I've been left in the dust since everyone else has read the books except me but I will be sure to join in on the buddy reads for the first 2 books

message 38: by C.P. (new) - added it

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Yes, definitely join in, Ahdam! It's the perfect time to catch up. :)

message 39: by Matt (new) - rated it 5 stars

Matt (Book Devour-er) (mpberger) | 9 comments I am DEFINITELY IN for reading Oathbringer on release! Omg its going to be so amazing, i cant wait!

Chris  (haughtc) | 1767 comments I'm in

message 41: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

I might just read the first two before this one comes out so I can join in :)

message 42: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments Margret we're doing a buddy read for Way of Kings in July if you want to join =].

message 43: by Ahdam (new) - added it

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments I'm not gonna lie I really like the cover for oathbringer but I just can't wait to see the uk cover of the book now I didn't buy those books mainly due to the fact I didn't want to by four books but I really like the cover art for uk covers of Sanderson's books if you guys have seen it

message 44: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margret wrote: "I might just read the first two before this one comes out so I can join in :)"

Audiobook.........Krammer.......Reading......I can't believe you still haven't read these.

message 45: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments Kramer and Reading do an excellent job. I'm not a huge fan of having duel readers a lot of the time, but they are both just excellent.

message 46: by Miche (last edited May 28, 2017 09:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Miche | 3147 comments Audible has Oathbringer listed for release on November 14, 2017, the same date the book comes out. Narrators are still Kate and Michael. I just pre-ordered this format too. :)

message 47: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott- I've been trying to save it for tough times.. like when you find a crisp $20 bill in your winter jacket :)

message 48: by Ahdam (new) - added it

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments If you don't mind me clearing some dust off this thread I just thought I would bring your guys attention to this new cover of oathbringer although I don't think its definite I believe is the UK cover since it doesn't show it on Amazon yet I think it looks cool personally

Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3) by Brandon Sanderson

message 49: by Angus (new)

Angus | 152 comments Omg that looks beautiful :O I better like this series now... hahaha

message 50: by Ahdam (new) - added it

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2429 comments Angus wrote: "Omg that looks beautiful :O I better like this series now... hahaha"

Tell me about it I'm not getting this cover and I'm already jealous hahaha but I'm not 100% since I only saw it on goodreads then after some investigation only found it on reddit so there may be difference especially that the publishers will split it up into 2 books as well which should be interesting

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15