The Potterheads ⚯͛ discussion

Harry Potter Series Box Set (Harry Potter, #1-7)
This topic is about Harry Potter Series Box Set
Harry Potter > What has Harry Potter taught you?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Harry Potter has taught me many things. One of the best ones is that Hermione taught me that it is ok to be smart and you don't have to conform to women/girl stereotypes and expectations.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Neville taught me that the underdog doesn't have to stay that way.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Luna taught me to be myself and not care about what others think! I, and I'm sure many others, find it hard not to worry about what others think of you and Luna really helped me.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hermione wrote: "Luna taught me to be myself and not care about what others think! I, and I'm sure many others, find it hard not to worry about what others think of you and Luna really helped me."

Ahh yes I completely agree!!! She also taught me that you can find friends anywhere, if you have the courage to be different.

Giselle Chionh | 19 comments Fred and George told me to follow my dreams no matter what other people think and say

Srijita | 110 comments Well most people think that bookworms are grave and serious people who are selfish and make terrible friends. Hermione taught that they are so wrong!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes! Hermione taught me not to hide my intelligence, and being smart is something to be proud of not something to hide.

Srijita | 110 comments Hermione actually made being a nerd cooler.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes thats what I was trying to say!

message 10: by Hads (new)

Hads | 18 comments The entire series taught me that things can always get better :). No matter how awful the station...

Srijita | 110 comments That happiness can be found in the darkest of times if only you remember to switch on the light

message 12: by Hads (new)

Hads | 18 comments I love that quote :D.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

That is one of my favourite quotes!

message 14: by Carlos (last edited Aug 12, 2016 05:52AM) (new)

Carlos | 104 comments Lily Potter has taught us that love is the most powerfull source of magic.
Cho has taught us that your first love doesn't need to be always your true love.
Harry and Sirius have taught us that we all can be evil and good but it is which side you choose what really matters.
And I could keep going...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats so nice! I agree with everything said :)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Scorpius and Draco taught me that you don't have to follow in the steps of your family. Scorpius also taught me that I don't have to be who people think/expect me to be!

message 17: by Minnu (new)

Minnu | 30 comments Srijita wrote: "Hermione actually made being a nerd cooler."

I agree :D

message 18: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Fouts (lindsay_fouts) that it is okay to read "childrens" books as an adult

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Lindsay wrote: "that it is okay to read "childrens" books as an adult"

Yes! Ive just started the Percy Jackson series which are for children, but I'm really enjoying the first book so far!

message 20: by Carlos (new)

Carlos | 104 comments Lindsay wrote: "that it is okay to read "childrens" books as an adult"

I (almost) only read books for children since Harry Potter :).

message 21: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Fouts (lindsay_fouts) I loved Percy Jackson. I mostly read YA now, with some MG and adult.

I read the first 4 HP when I was 19 before the first movie came out.

message 22: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Fouts (lindsay_fouts) Off topic, but have you read A Monster Calls? One of my favorite books from all time and it is MG

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't read it! And I read the first Harry Potter book when I was 15!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats so true!

message 25: by Vasana (new)

Vasana | 43 comments Luna taught me to not care about what others are going to say or think

message 26: by Frida (new)

Frida | 18 comments I read the the harry potter series when I was 14 and on 16 August I turned 15.

message 27: by Riley (new)

Riley B (rriilleeyy1234) | 28 comments Harry Potter has taught me to not discriminate others, that love is one of the most important things in the world, and it's important to be yourself.

Lillian (itsafandomthing) | 114 comments Ron taught me that even if you give up, you can always come back.
Dumbledore taught me loads of things, things I can't even list.
Harry taught me that being brave isn't the same as being fearless.
Neville taught me that, with hard work, you can do anything.
Bellatrix taught me that you reap what you sow.
Luna taught me that it's awesome to be weird.
Hermione taught me that it's awesome to be nerdy.
Fudge taught me that you can't ignore what you're afraid of.
Mr. Weasley taught me that someone can be great even if they're not like you.
Jo taught me that you can always get back up!

kavi + alex + noir ~ve|vim~ (percybluefood) | 14 comments They all thought me that love and friendship dominates all evil.