The Next Best Book Club discussion

Looking For Recommendations > need book rec

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (last edited Jul 29, 2016 07:56AM) (new)

Sara Evans a romance book with a language barrier. The main characters don't speak the same language but they're attracted to each other. No young adult ; I don't want to read about kids they should be adults .
I want to read different types of books. Every novel I've come across goodreads these days is either about a player/manwhore falling for the innocent good girl or broody alpha falling for the innocent good girl.

If you don't know any book where there is a language barrier no problem I honestly just want to read a contemporary book where the characters aren't cliche. For once I want the hero to not have slept with the whole female population and then being forgiven for being a douche by the heroine so easily.
No paranormal /fantasy.
I don't mind explicit/graphic scenes in the story

message 2: by Marie-vicky (new)

Marie-vicky (grimace) | 49 comments I haven t read a great romance well craft for years where there natural attraction without necessarily speaking the same language. If I fall on a good one I would let you know.

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Evans Thank you. :)

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Ehrhardt (aliciabutcherehrhardt) Sara wrote: " I honestly just want to read a contemporary book where the characters aren't cliche. For once I want the hero to not have slept with the whole female population and then being forgiven for being a douche by the heroine so easily."

I compared books. I need to post more, and you didn't have Jane Eyre listed, which is usually my touchstone.

My novel Pride's Children may be something you can enjoy. The sample is on the author page at
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

My beta reader is your age, and loves it. I'm working on the second book in the trilogy.

It is a serious mainstream love story; if you prefer Romance, with its constraints, this might not be for you. I keep getting readers who think it is Romance - and then blast me because it isn't, when I told them clearly in the description (I thought) that it isn't.

IOW, your mileage will vary depending on who you are.

The best place to see the good reviews (and the couple of bad ones) is at https://www.amazon.com/Prides-Childre...

I have no cliched characters; you will be spending time very close to the ones I write, if you decide to try it.

Let me know if you would like an electronic Review Copy. Or try it if you have KU.

Alicia