Immortals After Dark discussion

The Arcana Chronicles: The Books > Day Zero (Arcana Chronicles, #3.5)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 104 comments Mod
Discussion on the novella releasing 8/1.

Ashes to ashes . . .

Evie Greene’s story of the Flash is just one of many. All over the world, those connected in some way to the lethal Arcana game—like Death, Jack, and Fortune—must first survive a horrifying night of blood and screams.

We all fall down.

Some will have to grapple with new powers; all will be damned to a hellish new existence of plague, brutality, desolation, and cannibalism. Find out who they lost, why they endure, and what they sacrificed in order to live past Day Zero. . . .

photo day zero_zpso9r5en4b.jpg

message 2: by Nicole (new)

We're so close to release day. Who's going to be reading this one?

message 3: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 1 comments I am! So exited to have the next 2 books so close together as well.

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Gemma wrote: "I am! So exited to have the next 2 books so close together as well."

And glad for it. I would not be a happy camper if I had to wait another 6 months to a year for the next one. I need my KC fix! LOL

message 5: by (Nat) (new)

(Nat) Reading Romances (readingromances) | 18 comments I have a huge question though...if Jack isn't the The Hanged Man, who could it be? KC is hiding something from us, for sure!!!!

message 6: by Sana (new)

Sana Zameer (sanazameer) | 5 comments Although Jack had his pov, I still think he's The Hanged Man!

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Hagopian (debbisuz) | 5 comments I will be totally surprised if anyone sees my comment here but will give it a shot anyway....
It remains to be seen if Jack is actually The Hanged Man but that is my guess for now. If so and like Jack, I have a similar appeal to solving mysteries like trying to figure out what the Hanged Man's "redacted" call is (if he is Jack). In Day Zero the call appears as... “Never redacted redacted I redacted redacted.”
My best guess at this time is that equates to this call....
"Never a puzzle I can't solve"

message 8: by Angelika (new)

Angelika | 62 comments Surprise, Debbie! I saw your post and I quite agree that Jack is the Hanged Man. The particular arcana represents self-sacrifice, even martyrdom. Although Jack has always been selfish, in Arcana Rising he becomes a sort of martyr. He decides to stay away from Evvie.
That said, I still don't like him. I'm team Aric through and through.

message 9: by Debbie (last edited Oct 19, 2017 04:21AM) (new)

Debbie Hagopian (debbisuz) | 5 comments Well, we do at least agree on thinking Jack is the Hanged Man but we totally disagree on which "team" we're on. Aric has all the luxuries of life to offer and desires Evie for himself; he will do anything to keep her for himself and is entitled to his reincarnated wife. To me that shows selfishness.
The fact that followers of the series have developed such high hopes for how the story will unfold is proof positive that Kresley Cole is an awesome writer who definitely knows how to spin a great story.

message 10: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 31 comments Debbie wrote: "I will be totally surprised if anyone sees my comment here but will give it a shot anyway....
It remains to be seen if Jack is actually The Hanged Man but that is my guess for now. If so and like J..."

I like your guess for the Hanged Man's call, Debbie! Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer to get some of these questions answered.

I think "The fog lies..." might be someone's call sign. Matthew said ALL Arcana had calls. Maybe that means Minor Arcana as well?

"Stick to me like a shadow" seems like a pretty good call sign too.

message 11: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 31 comments Debbie wrote: "Well, we do at least agree on thinking Jack is the Hanged Man but we totally disagree on which "team" we're on. Aric has all the luxuries of life to offer and desires Evie for himself; he will do a..."

I think Paul, Aric's butler/chef/emt might still be in the running for The Hanged Man, or at the very least Minor Arcana. Evie first described him as "non-descript". This is how characters wearing glamours are always perceived by others in Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series.