Soldeluna discussion

The Moon Court Castle > The balcony

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
A balcony in the castle. Looking out at the view from here can be quite calming. It is a nice and quiet place.

message 2: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz lent on the railing of the balcony, staring ahead into space. There was a chilly wind cutting through him but he didn't care and just hardened himself against it, staring down at the view with his dark eyes narrowed slightly.

message 3: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea slipped out silently, without so much as a shadow, behind Kaz. "Found another place to brood about all your heartaches, mysterious prince?" She asked a bit coldly. She may or may not have blamed him for the aching in her back.

message 4: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz jerked inwardly at the familiar voice behind him but outwardly he barely moved. He turned his head around to see the same girl from the training hall, and fixed her with a slight glare. Had she come to finish what she'd tried in the training hall?

message 5: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea glared back. She was in no mood for his grouchy attitude. "You keep on shutting out your sister, everyone who even cared about you, though I don't know why they do." She growled. "They might not mind, but I do, enough to tell you that whatever it is that changed you, get over it." She said, getting to point straight away. "Life is hard, but we survive it because we have to. At least you were strong enough to keep living. But apparently not strong enough to realize that some people care, and if you have trouble getting it into your thick skull, then too bad."

message 6: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz just stared at her as she spoke. His expression didn't change, though he did stiffen ever so slightly, and narrowed his eyes more.
"What do you know?" He asked in his low, quiet voice.

message 7: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea raised an eyebrow. "Apparently more than you."

message 8: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz just held her gaze for a moment, then looked away, content to ignore her. Though her words still rung. She didn't understand. She didn't know what he'd been through. He was better just living by himself, so no one could do anything to him. If he didn't allow himself to get close to anyone, no one could hurt him.

message 9: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"I understand better than you think." She said, as if reading his mind. Her voice was uncharacteristically harsh. "If you think isolating yourself will make it better, and can tell you from personal experience that it doesn't." She laughed bitterly. "You'll only lose everyone else, and then, in the end, you'll lose yourself too. You'll be nothing but a shell. You can laugh, frown, yell, but you won't feel anything, ever again. Unless you can pull yourself up from the abyss and start over."

message 10: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz gritted his teeth at her words but said nothing. Fine fair enough. He didn't want to feel anything. That would probably be better anyway. She was wrong. It had been better these past years. Not letting himself get close to anyone made it easier.

message 11: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea knew he didn't believe her. She sighed. Foolish prince. "You don't understand at all. It might feel better, but it's not worth it. Nothing is." She sat, perched on top of the railing, not paying any attention to the high drop, looking at the sky. "Maybe one day, when you join the stars, you'll see. What it means to be alive. To appreciate you even have a life. Because Death waits for us all, prince. The only thing that matters is whether you accept it or not."

message 12: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz glanced at her darkly. "Why are you still talking to me?" He asked, annoyed.

message 13: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
((Sorry I gtg but I WILL be back soon-ish))

message 14: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Because I have no one else to talk to." Celestiea looked down at the river below. "And to see if I want to take a plunge or not."

message 15: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
((Kk))

message 16: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz just grunted, looking away from her again and staring down. Then, he spoke. "Don't. Then you'll just be contradicting yourself."

message 17: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea smiled, but turned away so he wouldn't see. "I would just be going for a swim. I always come back. Always."

message 18: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz stared ahead and said nothing. Right... He thought. What was with this girl?

message 19: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea waited for Kaz to say something, not breaking the silence. He should do it if he wants. She decided. Instead, she plucked a flower from a vine climbing up the walls. It was beautiful, white tinged with blue and fragrant.

message 20: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz noticed she was staying here, yet stayed silent. Why didn't she just leave? He wondered. Most people would have by now. Not to mention he didn't really like just how intuitive she seemed to be.

message 21: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea watched Kaz out of the corner of her eye, twirling the flower. He seemed to be surrounded in a wall of indifference that he had put there to ward others off, but she knew how he felt. And she would not be warded off as easily.

message 22: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz glanced at the girl yet again, now just starting to feel uncomfortable at her presence. Something he didn't usually feel. He usually made others feel uncomfortable. He straightened up from leaning on the balcony, folding his arms.

message 23: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea hopped off the railing, and jabbed Kaz in the chest with a finger. "Being silent seems to be your shield." She said. She looked him straight in the eye. "But defying the wishes of others is what I do."

message 24: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz recoiled with a scowl as she jabbed him in the chest. He glared straight at her as she looked him right in the eye. "Clearly." He growled. He honestly kind of wanted to say more but stopped himself.

message 25: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"What?" Celestiea crossed her arms. "Anything else you want to say to me? I'm all ears."

message 26: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz narrowed his eyes, then looked away. "What are you a mind reader?" He muttered under his breath so she couldn't hear. "Not particularly." He raised his voice to talk to her.

message 27: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Yes." Celestiea said. People had no idea whether she was kidding or not when she used that tone. It was a favorite. "Are you one of those isolated people living off human meat that you read about in fairy tales? Because you fit the description."

message 28: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz found himself staring bewilderedly at her. "I've read no such fairy tales." He said. He'd never heard of anything of the sort in his life.

message 29: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (last edited Aug 02, 2016 12:08AM) (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Then I guess we do not have the same childhood upbringing. I read books about where insane cannibals devoured the hero before the heroine decides to step in and slay the enemy in a matter of months after raising an army, only to die of pneumonia after falling into a river in winter." Celestiea said.

message 30: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
All Kaz muttered in answer to this was, "Obvioisly." What a bizarre story. So she thought he was some insane cannibal now? How peculiar.

message 31: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Well, maybe not so insane." Celestiea said, looking at him. "Or cannibal-y. But you have the glare right."

message 32: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz fixed her with that particular glare yet again. Then moved around her and walked away. He'd heard enough of this nonsense. He just hoped she didn't follow him.

message 33: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Of course, Celestiea followed him. "Defying orders." She said, when he turned and glared at her. "I have no one else to stalk."

message 34: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
((Maybe have him make her so mad she accidentally lets something slip, and then we can have her run away))

message 35: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz gritted his teeth once again and his shoulders tensed. Really? She had no one else to stalk out of everyone in the entire castle? Maybe if he just ignored her completely she'd eventually leave him alone.

message 36: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"That won't work." Celestiea said, guessing what he was about to do before he had the chance to.

message 37: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz glared at the ground. "What won't work?" He asked through gritted teeth.

message 38: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"Ignoring me to get me to go away." She said, feeling smug for some reason.

message 39: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
It might eventually. Kaz thought silently. He crossed his arms tightly and said nothing.

message 40: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea walked next to him and copied his stance, nudging him with her foot.

message 41: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz recoiled with a growl as Celestiea touched him. "Can you leave me alone?!" He said exasperatedly. Ugh, great. Now she'd got him to talk when it was actually unnecessary to do so. But she was grating in his nerves to an extreme extent.

message 42: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"No." Celestiea said pointedly. "Not until you give up your mysterious personality and become the Kaz everyone knew and loved."

message 43: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz snapped his head to her and glared at her. "Who are you to tell me what to do?! And what do you care anyway?!"

message 44: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
"I care," Celestiea said, getting ticked off, "Because Marlina cares, your father cares, Kael cares. I care because by shutting everyone out, you make it my business. I care, because by doing so you are a target!" She was almost yelling now.

message 45: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz looked at her, unfazed by her raised voice. Why did it become her business that he shut everyone out? But all he said was, "Target for what?"

((Sorry I have to go, I'll post when I get back))

message 46: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea ran a hand through her hair. "Changing is looked down upon at Court." She said, echoing her father's words. "Changing is weakness. It is to be pliable."

message 47: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
((Ok))

message 48: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
"Not when it's for the better." Kaz replied. It was good that he'd changed, from the foolish, naive young boy he'd been. If anything he'd just changed to more of a conventional person of the moon kingdom. Subdued and untrusting.

message 49: by Night, High Duchess of the Death Court (new)

Night | 435 comments Mod
Celestiea glare at him. "You really have no notion of how much danger you are in, do you? I should never have interfered. Not even a thank you!" She was aware that her face was now a light pink, but she didn't mind. If it taught the self righteous prince where he stood, the it would be worth it.

message 50: by Lexie (new)

Lexie | 664 comments Mod
Kaz noticed her face was going pink. He felt some satisfaction that she was getting irritated. "What danger would I be in? And why would I thank you for annoying me?" The only danger came from trusting people. If he didn't do that, then he'd be able to survive. By himself.

« previous 1