YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Ethmoid (F) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Luisa (last edited Aug 02, 2016 08:34AM) (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Kim✓
Paula
Varsha✓
Luisa ✓
Alyson✓
Megan✓
Beatrice✓
Priestess Riel✓
Candie

Don't forget to check in before August 1st :D
Also, please tell us what you are planing on reading this month.

message 2: by Abbie (last edited Jul 29, 2016 01:32AM) (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Adding Beatrice to your team. :)

message 3: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Checking in! :)
I will be reading Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens (ARC) It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover (once it comes out). I am still figuring out what else to read.

message 4: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Yep, we need to pick a number. Anyone has a favorite number for us to start with?

message 5: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments I'm definetly reading the following books:

Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin

And I really want to try and read After You (Me Before You, #2) by Jojo Moyes Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Infinite Sea (The 5th Wave, #2) by Rick Yancey ...and a few others. Let's see how the month goes.

message 6: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments 27th is the day I was born. Definetly love that number!

message 7: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Adding Priestess Riel to your team. :)

message 8: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments megan ••book slayer•• wrote: "So I have a question already :)

Do regular Buddy Reads count for points? Or do they have to be the official Group Buddy Reads?

Because I've got a few BR's scheduled in this group this month, but ..."

Yes, any buddy reads taken place in this group will count for challenges. :)

message 9: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Luisa wrote: "I'm definetly reading the following books:

Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. TuckerMortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin

And I really want to try and read [bookcover:Afte..."

I've been wanting to read Ten Tiny Breaths for a while. Do you want to buddy read it? :)

message 10: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments megan ••book slayer•• wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "Checking in! :)
I will be reading Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens(ARC) It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover (once it comes out). I am still figuring out what else to read."

I'm ..."

Throne of Glass is a great book! I hope you'll enjoy it :)

message 11: by Priestess Riel (last edited Jul 30, 2016 02:49AM) (new)

Priestess Riel Valdez (earlriel) | 7 comments HI!!! My August reading list The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6) by Eoin Colfer , The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7) by Eoin Colfer , The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8) by Eoin Colfer , The Artemis Fowl Files (Artemis Fowl, #0.5, #1.5) by Eoin Colfer , Rush (Breathless, #1) by Maya Banks , Fever (Breathless, #2) by Maya Banks , Burn (Breathless, #3) by Maya Banks , Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan , Mind Game (GhostWalkers, #2) by Christine Feehan , Night Game (GhostWalkers, #3) by Christine Feehan , Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4) by Christine Feehan , Deadly Game (GhostWalkers, #5) by Christine Feehan , Predatory Game (GhostWalkers, #6) by Christine Feehan , Murder Game (GhostWalkers, #7) by Christine Feehan , Street Game (GhostWalkers, #8) by Christine Feehan Ruthless Game (GhostWalkers, #9) by Christine Feehan , The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani , A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil, #2) by Soman Chainani , and The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3) by Soman Chainani

I'm not sure i can finish everything in a month but that's my future reading list for now. :)

message 12: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments megan ••book slayer•• wrote: "So books don't have to be YA for them to count towards challenges in this group?"

Nope. any book counts. :)

message 13: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Hahaha! :D

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor (divergentgryffindor23) | 690 comments Hi guys, checking in! :)

message 15: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Beatrice wrote: "I've been wanting to read Ten Tiny Breaths for a while. Do you want to buddy read it? :) "

Sure! I need to read it at the beggining of the month, between august 1st and 10th, is that ok?

message 16: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Hi Kim :) Hi Riel :)
Wow, Riel, big pile hehe. Good luck!

Megan, this is just for Hangman. Other challenges have their own threads. I'm not sure for each and every one of the challenges it's the same, but I guess we will find out at day 1, when people start posting their reviews.

message 17: by Priestess Riel (new)

Priestess Riel Valdez (earlriel) | 7 comments Luisa wrote: "Hi Kim :) Hi Riel :)
Wow, Riel, big pile hehe. Good luck!

Megan, this is just for Hangman. Other challenges have their own threads. I'm not sure for each and every one of the challenges it's the s..."

Yeah, I just really love to read :D

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor (divergentgryffindor23) | 690 comments I plan to read mostly ARCs this month because this challenge coincides with ARC August. Here's my list of books:

The Possibility of Somewhere by Julia Day Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis

message 19: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Luisa wrote: "Beatrice wrote: "I've been wanting to read Ten Tiny Breaths for a while. Do you want to buddy read it? :) "

Sure! I need to read it at the beggining of the month, between august 1st and 10th, is t..."

That's fine with me. Let's do it on August 1st. :)

message 20: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Paula wrote: "When do we should start reading the books so they can count in the challenge?"

The 1st of August. :)

message 21: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments @Beatrice Perfect! I'll set it up :D

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Luisa wrote: "@Beatrice Perfect! I'll set it up :D"

Thank you! :)

message 23: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha_4415) Hi everyone! It's Varsha checking in :)
I dot have anything planned this month because I usually end up in a reading slumo if I force myself but I'm halfway through The Duff and The Kite runner!

message 24: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Since no one seems to be against it, I'll go ahead and post our number (27) at the review thread :D

message 25: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Adding Candie to your team :)

message 26: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Just finished my first book of the month Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1) by K.A. Tucker ! It wasn't super long, so I was able to read it quickly.
Now I guess I need to pick the second one. Picking books is the hardest part :P

message 27: by Luisa (last edited Aug 02, 2016 07:11AM) (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Ok, my guess got a lot of letters in, I guess that helps :)
Still have no idea which book it is.

message 28: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Kain (alysonk01) can I still check in? sorry I'm late!

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor (divergentgryffindor23) | 690 comments I just finished The Possibility of Somewhere by Julia Day ! I'll just write a review and probably use S for the letter :)

message 30: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Of course Alyson, welcome!

message 31: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments i still have no guess for our puzzle.

message 32: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments Had some time on my hands today, so I got the first puzzle :DD
Already picked a number so it would go faster. Anyone wants to suggest numbers for the next rounds?

message 33: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha_4415) I'm almost done with ignite me! Then I'm going to get started on my next book, I aim to read around 5 books this month!

message 34: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments That's awesome Luisa! [I'm still reading Ten Tiny Breaths. haha]

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor (divergentgryffindor23) | 690 comments Great job, Luisa!! Yay! :)

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor (divergentgryffindor23) | 690 comments Oh, and I'm on my second book. I'm currently reading The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner

What letter do you suggest I use next? :)

message 37: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Kim at Divergent Gryffindor wrote: "Oh, and I'm on my second book. I'm currently reading The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner

What letter do you suggest I use next? :)"

T

message 38: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments I'm reading Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton now, so I guess I'll use either E or A. Any suggestions?

message 39: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha_4415) Choose an E! What letter should we guess for our bonus

message 40: by Beatrice (last edited Aug 03, 2016 08:00AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Luisa wrote: "I'm reading Everneath (Everneath, #1) by Brodi Ashton now, so I guess I'll use either E or A. Any suggestions?"

E!

message 41: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Bonus letter... hmm.. H or R?

message 42: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha_4415) What about S?
H sounds good to though

message 43: by Luisa (new)

Luisa | 275 comments H! or O, it's hard to find books that start with O.

message 44: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Let's use H.

message 45: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Kain (alysonk01) Ok I'm reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone so do you think P for the letter?

message 46: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Kain (alysonk01) I should have it done today

message 47: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Go for a P or A

message 48: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Kain (alysonk01) Ok!

message 49: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha_4415) I finished 3 books! Harry Potter and the cursed child, The Duff and Ignite me!
I'll update everything when I get a hold of my laptop!

message 50: by Varsha (new)

Varsha (varsha_4415) O and S maybe?

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.