What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Ancient/prehistoric britain, stone circles romance

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcdonald | 4 comments I read this book in the early 90's. It was a paperback. Woman with wreath in her hair.

It was 3 stories in one. About 3 different women from the culture that built stonehenge.

The first woman was a lame healer. Her community didn't have marriage at first. Men and women lived seperately. All kids conceived during midsummer festival. She fell for an injured stranger. He joined her people and convinced them to allow men and women to live together like his wandering tribe did. I can't remember their names. They had a son, named Duncan i tthink. He had an accident and his mom had to amputate his foot.

The 2nd woman was decades later. The people have started making Stonehenge.a girl leaves to be married. Comes back widowed to discover one of her older sisters has gone nuts and is this tyrant priestess. She defeats her.

3rd woman. Marries a singer. There is food shortage caused by droughts and floods (not sure which was first)
Her husband winds up getting killed as a sacrifice or something on a fallen stone.

Can't remember author or title. Or how old the book was when i read it.
Tyty

message 2: by Holly (new)

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcdonald | 4 comments Nope. Thanks though.

message 4: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilareads) | 100 comments The Pillar of the Sky by Cecelia Holland?

The Sarsen Witch by Eileen Kernaghan?

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcdonald | 4 comments Neither of them. But now i want to read those 2. Ty

message 6: by Nairabell (new)

Nairabell | 76 comments Could it be Stonehenge?

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Mcdonald | 4 comments No.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40097 comments Mod
Sandy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?