Play Book Tag discussion

Lost Lake (Lost Lake, #1)
This topic is about Lost Lake
Archive: Other Books > Lost Lake, Sarah Addison Allen. 4 Stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Margaret (margarette) | 333 comments I recently read Waking Kate, the author's short story teaser for this book, and loved it. I'm not really a fan of magical, preferring believable fiction, but Allen's magical is just so magic that she usually hooks me. If you do like the genre, there's enough here to keep you happy. If not, you can chalk the magic up to coincidence or a child's imagination and still enjoy this sweet story.

In a nutshell, this is a story of family, including the families we create, and friendship. It's also about forgiveness, especially of oneself, and second chances. Then it's all magically wrapped in a spare and comforting read.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Allen's formula really works for me. I always enjoy them as a break from darker fiction.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments JoLene wrote: "Allen's formula really works for me. I always enjoy them as a break from darker fiction."

I agree. She is great, cute break from more serious books. I really liked Lost Lake, it might be my favorite of hers.

Margaret (margarette) | 333 comments Nicole wrote: "JoLene wrote: "Allen's formula really works for me. I always enjoy them as a break from darker fiction."

I agree. She is great, cute break from more serious books. I really liked Lost Lake, it mig..."

Garden Spells remains as my favorite of hers, but this is a very close second.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I actually really liked the first one that I read which was The Sugar Queen. This one was a close second.

annapi | 5130 comments I love all her books. Garden Spells is still my favorite, though.