World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Book and Film Discussions > Member bookshelf...

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (last edited Aug 03, 2016 10:08PM) (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Ask and you shall receive ^_~

I named it "books-by-us" because I'm just THAT creative. Yeah, I know. It's lame. We can change it to whatever.

MEMBER BOOKSHELF: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

And I've added books by:

Nik Krasno cuz he's the boss
Tara Woods Turner cuz she's da bomb diggity
Eldon Farrell cuz it was his idea

Then I decided to be a bum. Soooo... *grins sheepishly* ...you guys will have to add your own books.

Hugs,
Ann

P.S. - I don't even know which folder this is supposed to go in LMAO!!

message 2: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1022 comments Cool, I added my books. I didn't even know we could do that :)

message 3: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1022 comments Well, I *think* I did it right. If I didn't...doh!

message 4: by Annie (last edited Jul 28, 2016 06:47PM) (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) @Miss Marie: Yes, ma'am! You did add them!! I just added them to the "books-by-us" group bookshelf thingymajig as well *fist bump*

If anyone needs directions...

Go to Bookshelf ☛ Search [book] ☛ Add to Group ☛ Choose Shelves ☛ Check "books-by-us" ☛ Save Group Book

And voila!

Hugs,
Ann

P.S. - I totally forgot my own book... *scampers off to add it*

message 5: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Can you add a description column?

message 6: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) @Mr Alex: Umm...you tell me...can I? Hahahaha!!

Seriously, though, I have no idea. I don't see the option if it exists but *whispers* I did fumble around aimlessly trying to add that bookshelf cuz *grins sheepishly* I totally forgot how...

Does anyone know if we can add a description? I might just be blind LOL

Hugs,
Ann

message 7: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) As a mod, you have superpowers, rt? I looked but I didn't have that power.

message 8: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Errr, maybe? But...*gulps*...I don't know what the heck they are or how to activate them LMAO!!

Have you seen other bookshelves with descriptions? If so, I'll figure it out for sure!!

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) UPDATE 4 Awesome Alex: I just checked Shh..., Shut Up & Read, and Happily Ever After Cafe, all of whom utilize bookshelves. No description column, unless we're all missing something. Which is quite possible...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ain't he cute???

message 10: by Alex (last edited Jul 28, 2016 09:04PM) (new)

Alex (asato) (stop. i'm not into cutesy. what is it? a smiley face boiling in a pot? (is that unicode?) however, your new moniker is very cool. i can almost feel the blade against my throat.)

i guess, there isn't such a column. sorry.

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) No, no, nooooo! It's a dude with his hands up, like, *shrug* "I dunno" *shrug*

Or he could be boiling. No idea why he looks so happy, though. Must be a masochist, eh? *smirks*

And don't be sorry, Awesome Alex! I'm more than happy to snoop around and check for us!!

Sheaths blade and hugs,
Ann

message 12: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Annie wrote: "No, no, nooooo! It's a dude with his hands up, like, *shrug* "I dunno" *shrug*

Or he could be boiling. No idea why he looks so happy, though. Must be a masochist, eh? *smirks*

And don't be sorry..."

all right. i'm totally emoji illiterate.

Dad: "do you know what that is?"
Daughter: "yea, it's a guy with his arms up and shrugging his shoulders."
Dad: "so look what i thought it was."
Daughter: ROTFL

message 13: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) ROFLMAO with your daughter!!!

Okay, I know you don't do cutesy, but...

₍˄·͈༝·͈˄₍˄·͈༝·͈˄( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)˄·͈༝·͈˄₎˄·͈༝·͈˄₎

Tell me that ain't pure awesomeness. You can't! You caaaaan't!!!!

Um. Yeah. Everyone, add your books. Thank you.

message 14: by Matthew (last edited Aug 01, 2016 03:20PM) (new)

Matthew Williams (houseofwilliams) The Cronian Incident
The Cronian Incident by Matthew S. Williams

Well I've done a few science fiction books now, and a couple zombie-military adventure ones (please don't judge, it was 2012 - the height of the zombie craze!) But I got a work in progress that I think will finally be my truest piece of writing.

It's called the Cronian Incident, and it's just a few chapters shy of completion. It tells the story of humanity in the 23rd century, where we have expanded to colonize most of the Solar System, and where the Technological Singularity has fostered deep division between trans-humans and normals.

In the Inner Solar System, on Venus, Earth and Mars, live the factions that are collectively known as the "Extros" (short for extropians), people who live with abundant bio-enhancement, nanotech, and artificial intelligence. In the outer Solar System, specifically on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, live the "Retros" - various groups of people who eschewed enhancement for religious or personal reasons, and live a somewhat simpler life.

Enter into this a Martian named Jeremiah Ward who is a former investigator, turned convict. He lives on Mercury now, where mining, ice and solar colonies exist in the northern polar craters, and mining vehicles (Sappers) go out onto the nighttime side to harvest minerals. He is offered a shot at redemption when a powerful Martian faction hire him to find a colleague who went missing on Saturn's moon Titan.

Ward agrees, but soon finds out that the disappearance is far more than an ordinary kidnapping. At the heart of it is a conspiracy involving terraforming, colonization, and who will decide the future of humanity. I just finished work on the cover and it will be available on Amazon and through Kindle's KDP in a few months time.

message 15: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) @Mr Matt: Would you be so kind as to add your book here?

https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

This thread will eventually get lost in the oblivion of history but our member bookshelf is forever eternal (yeah, I know that's redundant)... ^_~

message 16: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Oh! And book blurbs can go here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I'll eventually get around to organizing all the threads. With Mr Nik and Miss Tara's blessing, of course!!!

Hugs all,
Ann

message 17: by Nik (last edited Aug 02, 2016 06:28AM) (new)

Nik Krasno | 15677 comments You certainly have my blessing. ¡¡¡( •̀ ᴗ •́ )و!!!

message 18: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) @Mr Nik: ¡¡¡( •̀ ᴗ •́ )و!!!

?

message 19: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15677 comments Applied it now (see above), thanks, looks cool!

message 20: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) I got ur back, boss! ^_~

message 21: by Mike (new)

Mike Robbins (mikerobbins) | 290 comments Just added my books. Hope they have gone onto the right shelf (Annie, if they're on the wrong shelf, then I grovel abjectly).

message 22: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) @Mr Mike: They are on the read shelf (books go there automatically when you add em) but they're not on the "book-by-us" shelf yet.

Go to Book ☛ Edit ☛ Choose shelves ☛ Check the one ya want ☛ Save Group Book ☛ And voila!

So, you did nothing wrong. Just have one more step. Although...

I'm quite fond of groveling. Carry on. ^_~

Hugs,
Ann

message 23: by Mike (new)

Mike Robbins (mikerobbins) | 290 comments Done that but I don't think it's worked - shelf still showing only 14 books. Never mind, I'll just fade back into obscurity.

message 24: by Mike (new)

Mike Robbins (mikerobbins) | 290 comments OK, it looks as if I've done it.

message 25: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Mike wrote: "Never mind, I'll just fade back into obscurity."

Pfft! You don't believe for a split second I'd ever letcha do that...

message 26: by Mike (new)

Mike Robbins (mikerobbins) | 290 comments :)

message 27: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) *chants*

One of us! One of us! One of us!

^_~