U. A. High | a superhero roleplay discussion

Miscellaneous > Quirk Help

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

If you're struggling to come up with a quirk.

message 2: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 19 comments I think it's safe to say I need all the help when it comes to quirks

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

That's what I'm here for! :D

message 4: by juno. (new)

juno. (junosummers) | 19 comments I honestly don't know where to start? Should I take a super serious normal sort of like superpower approach to this or should I come up with something almost ridiculous? (Also, would substance mimicry be alright as long as you're touching said thing?)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

It's honestly up to you! In BNHA, which this is based off of, there are kids with everything -- for example, one of the top testers is half hot, half cold (ability to control fire and ice) which is obviously helpful and powerful. However, another classmate has a tail, and that's it. He simply learned how to use it well enough. So you can really get as creative as you want :)

Substance mimicry would be just fine :)

message 6: by A 💞 (last edited Aug 11, 2016 08:03PM) (new)

A 💞 (smokeymirrors) | 6 comments Okay so I want to make a technokinetic (meaning that she can control technology in various forms) but her downside would be that she has to be within a five mile radius and she has to know what type of technology she would be controlling and what she would be doing to said technology (i.e hacking into a computer in order to get to some certain files??) another downside is that, like a computer she can "crash" and be "hacked" aka fall asleep for two days straight or worst depending on how bad the damage is.

Also I wanted to make a Storm (like from Xmen yes) like character where she can control weather systems but her downside (s) is that she has to know everything (day of the week, time of day, what type of weather they want, what clouds should they have, how high should the wind be ect ect) and once she casts for the weather system to come she cannot change it.

Idk I'm just throwing things out there and I will here asking a lot of questions o,o sorry in advance

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

1) I think that would work okay! They would probably have to understand how that piece of technology works, but yeah, sounds good :)

2) Hm... that seems a little too powerful? Maybe she can control what is currently there? i.e., if there are clouds present, control those clouds, but not create them, that sort of thing?

message 8: by A 💞 (new)

A 💞 (smokeymirrors) | 6 comments I think I follow about the second one... Mind giving me another example so that I can make sure we're on the same wavelength?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Like if it's really humid, she can make it rain, but if it's super dry, then she can't, if that makes sense?

message 10: by A 💞 (new)

A 💞 (smokeymirrors) | 6 comments Okay gotcha! Yeah that makes sense c:

message 11: by A 💞 (new)

A 💞 (smokeymirrors) | 6 comments Okay, another question
I want to use love manipulation (I have the link for it: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Lo...). I just don't know how to go about using it, like I was thinking that the user has to have some sort of contact like physically or mental (eye contact) ????? Idk

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

There aren't quirks that can control people's emotions. I suppose you could make a quirk that increases physical attractiveness, though obviously you'd need to keep things PG-13, LOL.

message 13: by alex (new)

alex (awex) okay, I want my character to have some sort of telekinesis and be able to move objects, but basically what I was thinking was just written, so I can't do that; anyone have ideas for something like telekinesis that hasn't already been posted?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Telekinesis is pretty basic so I think it's ok if you just go with that :)

message 15: by alex (new)

alex (awex) okay, cool. I may alter it a little bit, though, I'm still thinking. thanks! :D

anya forger ⭐ (jim) (sungkew) | 8 comments
so how does this all sound for a quirk? I just want to make sure it's alright before posting, aha

- Quirk Name: Lightning Rod
- Quirk Description: The user has the ability to draw electricity from the surrounding area to their body. While the electric charge doesn't cause harm to the user, it can be inflicted onto others, with the severity ranging from a slight shock to electrocution depending on the amount currently stored inside the user's body.
- Quirk Weakness: In order for the electricity inside the user's body to effect another person or object, physical contact must occur. The user also cannot create their own electricity; they must draw it from somewhere else, such as a socket or telephone wire. However, sometimes the user doesn't call it at all and will end up drawing electricity to their body when they did not intend to. This often leaves their surroundings in disarray and makes them a person you most likely wouldn't want around during a thunderstorm.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good :)

message 18: by ʀᴇᴅ, can't hear you over my headphones (last edited Aug 12, 2016 10:36AM) (new)

ʀᴇᴅ (urfavoritecolor) | 9 comments Mod
okay hi i wrote this out then realized it's not allowed, i was wondering if there was anyway i could change it into being allowed or if i should just scrap the idea all together?

Character Name: tba
Hero Name: Maleficus
Quirk Name: Fear Reality
Quirk Description: The user is able to learn the greatest fears of others just by touching them. She is then able to warp the reality around them and show them their greatest fear by simply snapping her fingers at them. The reality is never longer than eight minutes, but never shorter than one, and she cannot control it once it has begun.
Quirk Weakness: The user is forced to also see the reality once she puts it to start. The user experiences nightmares constantly of the realities and also tends to remember the screams of those she sets in the reality. The user's mentality is questionable.

message 19: by alessia (new)

alessia (classick) | 4 comments
does this sound ok for a quirk? it feels different from the others so I just wanted to check

Character Name: tba
Hero Name: Daybreak
Quirk Name: Flare
Quirk Description: User can release a fire-like energy from the sacrum area in an explosion. The energy will manifest into the form of a tail and the "sparks" from the explosion will catch onto the surrounding people and they will be engulfed by the same fire-like energy. The energy doesn't harm them, instead, it acts as a shield (burning things that come in contact with it from the outside). The tail can be used on its own for offence.
Quirk Weakness: Except for their sacrum area, the user isn't immune to the energy. They can't give themselves the shield, either. The shields don't protect the targets from everything, just flammable materials, not fireproofed objects and other forms of energies. (Again, the energy behaves like fire.) The user's tail gets weaker and weaker, and the moment it dies out, all the shields will be extinguished too. Being engulfed by the energy doesn't have many side effects, but the user will feel extremely exhausted and uncomfortable (feeling like they're being burnt all over, hazy vision, constricted breathing, etc.). That's why they usually pass out the moment their tail dies.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good