Uglies Read-A-Long discussion

Uglies (Uglies, #1)
This topic is about Uglies
Part 3 Into The Fire Discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (thelittlelibrarian) | 12 comments Mod
This is to discuss from Part 3 Into The Fire to the end of the book! CONGRATS FOR READING IT! I hoped you liked it!
Here you can discuss all your feels related to the end of the book :)

Madalyn (Novel Ink) (hellomadalyn) Ahhhh I had completely forgotten what a cliffhanger this book left off on! Thank you to Aly for hosting this readathon! After rereading Uglies, I'm definitely planning on rereading the rest of the trilogy before the end of the year.

message 3: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madalyn wrote: "Ahhhh I had completely forgotten what a cliffhanger this book left off on! Thank you to Aly for hosting this readathon! After rereading Uglies, I'm definitely planning on rereading the rest of the ..."

Awh YAY! I'm so glad you feel that way!

Andrew Clendening | 3 comments So I finished the book, then picked up the graphic novel from Shay's POV.

My first thought after reading both is that while I didn't care much for David in the book, the graphic novel really solidifies him as being a dick. In the book he is dismissive of Shay because she chickened out about coming to the Smoke the first time, then changed her mind again. But in the graphic novel we see that she only chickens out because David sent her a letter saying she shouldn't come, since he thinks she only wants to go because she is in love with him.

That said, there are some things in the graphic novel that don't really match up with the book, so maybe it shouldn't be considered canon. Like in the book Shay says David was mad when she told him Tally might be coming, but in the comic she tells him about leaving directions for Tally only after Tally shows up.

Natelle Woodworth (tall_telle_tells_tales) | 2 comments Once I got to the smoke I couldn't put this book down! So good, but man it is definitely a cliffhanger! I really need to read the rest of the series now. I really liked it but Tally did get on my nerves a lot. She could not make up her mind for anything and it drove me crazy. But I liked how since the specials showed up at the smoke till the end she was willing to do whatever it took to save her "friends."

Flutter (flutterthepages) | 1 comments This was a reread for me & I loved it just as much as the first time I read it. I actually can't stop thinking about it and I want to start pretties but I don't have access to my copy of the book at the moment. Sad day.

message 7: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natelle wrote: "Once I got to the smoke I couldn't put this book down! So good, but man it is definitely a cliffhanger! I really need to read the rest of the series now. I really liked it but Tally did get on my n..."

I think at that point it all snapped into perspective for her! Tally's an interesting character because she changes SO much through the whole series.

message 8: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa wrote: "This was a reread for me & I loved it just as much as the first time I read it. I actually can't stop thinking about it and I want to start pretties but I don't have access to my copy of the book a..."

I did too! I think I'll be rereading pretties really soon here! Hopefully you'll get your book soon!!!