Uglies Read-A-Long discussion

Uglies (Uglies, #1)
This topic is about Uglies
Part 2 The Smoke Discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (thelittlelibrarian) | 12 comments Mod
This is all about Part 2 The Smoke up to Part 3 Into The Fire. This is allowed to contain spoilers so read at your own discretion!

Ashley (acrawfordsmith) | 6 comments I LOVE the smoke! Any hidden encampment filled with runaways sounds like a fun time to me! Tally is killing me though. Does she get better?

message 3: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tally is a character that changes quite a bit. She goes through so many things throughout the books that you won't even recognize her as the same character by the end of specials. It's why a lot of readers are able to identify with her is because of all the change.

Ashley (acrawfordsmith) | 6 comments I hope so! I really want to like her but I keep screaming at her "Just tell them the truth!!!!!".

Madalyn (Novel Ink) (hellomadalyn) I loved all the social commentary in this part of the book (like, all the outrage about cutting down trees, destroying the environment, etc.). That was something middle-school-Madalyn definitely didn't pick up on while reading the book for the first time!

message 6: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madalyn wrote: "I loved all the social commentary in this part of the book (like, all the outrage about cutting down trees, destroying the environment, etc.). That was something middle-school-Madalyn definitely di..."

RIGHT?! I didn't pick up on some of it on my first read through!

Meagan | 4 comments Mod
AHHHHHH!!!! The ending of part 2!
Ugh! Dying.
NO.
I'm dead. :(
WHHHHYYYYYYY!?!?!