Uglies Read-A-Long discussion

Uglies (Uglies, #1)
This topic is about Uglies
Part 1 Turning Pretty Discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (thelittlelibrarian) | 12 comments Mod
In this thread it will contain any and all discussion related to Part 1 Turning Pretty! So anything in this up to the point of Part 2 can be discussed. Beware of spoilers!
Discuss away my friends!

Ashley (acrawfordsmith) | 6 comments I love how their hang outs include hoverbording AND options for facial reconstruction surgery!

message 3: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley wrote: "I love how their hang outs include hoverbording AND options for facial reconstruction surgery!"

Right? It's such a different world! I always have enjoyed the hoverboarding scenes. I like how they're written.
What part are you at?! & I don't remember if you commented in the intro but is this your first read through or a reread? :)

Ashley (acrawfordsmith) | 6 comments I'm actually halfway through The Smoke. Its such a quick read! (or maybe I'm just really into it!)
This is my first time reading Ulgies but not my first Westerfeld. I really really loved Afterworlds (maybe one of the 12 people who actually like it). This is so different from Afterworlds though!

message 5: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley wrote: "I'm actually halfway through The Smoke. Its such a quick read! (or maybe I'm just really into it!)
This is my first time reading Ulgies but not my first Westerfeld. I really really loved Afterworl..."

It is such a fast read! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! The Smoke is when it really starts getting intense! & I adored Afterworlds. I haven't read anything by Westerfeld I haven't loved though!

Ashley (acrawfordsmith) | 6 comments Right after I finish Ulgies I now have to pick up Leviathan. Steampunk WW1? Hellz yeah!

Andrew Clendening | 3 comments A few thoughts...
1. So, is everyone in this society white?
2. Beautiful but terrible; that's an interesting description. It got me curious enough that I took a look at dream casting for Dr. Cable, to see who people thought would fit that criteria. Jullianne Moore and Olivia Wilde were the picks I found.
3. I'm so scared of heights that I don't even like being on the first step of a ladder... but I still kind of want my own hoverboard.

message 8: by Aly (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrew wrote: "A few thoughts...
1. So, is everyone in this society white?
2. Beautiful but terrible; that's an interesting description. It got me curious enough that I took a look at dream casting for Dr. Cable,..."

1)TBH I'm not 100% sure. However, everyones looks are changed once they become pretty. If I remember right when I read the graphic novel there were other races within the Ugly community but I think they change a lot of that when they become Pretty.
2) JULIANNE MOORE YES! She would be an amazing Dr. Cable. Olivia Wilde too. I could totally see that
3) I think everyone wants a hoverboard. I know I do! :)

Ally | 2 comments I wondered the same thing, I have no idea. P.S., I would also LOOOOOOOOOVE a hoverboard. It's interesting, I've done research about the world's first real hoverboard, the Hendo Hoverboard, and it works on a very similar principle to what's described in the book. That's really cool

Meagan | 4 comments Mod
This is my first time reading this, so you may think I'm silly. I am one a page in but in awe of these toothbrush pills! LOL!

Meagan | 4 comments Mod
AND NOW TALKING HOUSES AND BRIDGES!?
Cool, kinda creepy world!