Uglies Read-A-Long discussion

Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly (new)

Aly (thelittlelibrarian) | 12 comments Mod
Hey guys I thought it would be fun to do a little intro!
I'm Aly, I'm 24 and live around St. Louis. I've been an avid reader since I was around 14 and haven't stopped! I have a booktube channel The Little Librarian and it's only helped my love of reading. Uglies is my favorite book and I thought it would be fun to reread it with all of you!
Make sure you let me know in your comment if it's your first time reading or a reread!

LetsBookAboutIt | 1 comments Hey Aly! I dont know anything about Wattpad but this looked too fun to pass up! Im in! Ive been a reader since I was teenie tiny. I usually read mysteries and fantasy and anything unique. If it keeps the pages turning, Im sold! Thanks for the invite! Im very excited!

message 3: by Meagan (new)

Meagan | 4 comments Mod
HI! I'm Meagan!!! I love books too much & I love to talk about books. :)
I have a booktube channel (Meagan Precourt) where I talk about all things book. And this will be my first time reading Uglies!!!! I am SUPER pumped because it's my twins all-time favorite series. :)

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (bestmessever) | 1 comments I'm Jessica and reading is one of my biggest passions. I'm a newer booktuber and this will be a reread for me. I read the entire uglies series for the first time in middle school and absolutely loved it. I'm super excited to reread it with everyone and hopefully have some awesome discussion. It's been really hard to get back into dystopian books just because after I read this series I wanted to read all the dystopian books out there so I'm hoping this will make me excited about that genre again considering that this is where the whole dystopian genre really started for me:)

message 5: by Ally (last edited Jul 31, 2016 08:19PM) (new)

Ally | 2 comments Hey, I'm Ally Marie. Reading and writing are my biggest passions, as well as teaching. This will be a reread for me, too. I read and own the entire series! I love these books, and they actually are part of what inspired me to be a writer.

message 6: by Krissy (new)

Krissy | 1 comments Hey! I haven't actually been a reader since j was a tiny little bean but I started loving reading after reading the mortal instruments and then I became obsessed with reading. It was like opening a door to a black hole but a good black hole... If there is such thing. Like one that sends you to fangirling paradise rather than- whatever a real black hole sends you. I'm not a book tuber- yet. But I am on tumblr @dozbooks . Anyway I have read uglies so it would be a re read but I haven't read the rest of the series so that will hopefully be fun!

Madalyn (Novel Ink) (hellomadalyn) Hello everyone! I'm Madalyn, a 20-year-old music major and lifelong lover of reading. I started a BookTube channel, Madalyn Mae, very recently and have been loving it so far. The Uglies series was one of my favorite series growing up, but it's been YEARS since I read this book. I'm excited to reread Uglies and see if/how my opinions change! :-)

message 8: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Gasch (sierra_reads) | 1 comments Mod
HI HELLO. ❤️ My name is Sierra and I am so happy to be here!! I am a 21 year old, from California and reading has been one of my biggest passions since I was about 5. #nerdforlife . I've never read uglies, even though I've been wanting to for a really long time now. So thank you so much Aly for asking me to be a part of this! I can't wait to discuss it with you all! :) oh, p.s. I run a little booktube channel called "sierrareads" in case you wanted to know anymore about me

message 9: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Links Hi, my name is Meredith. I am 21 years old, and am currently studying for an English Literature degree. I absolutely love reading, but I have been in a reading slump for a little while. I heard about this read along and I thought that maybe a reread of Uglies would do the trick. I read the series when I was in middle school, so it has been some time since I have read them. I do not remember to much about the series. I cannot wait to it!

message 10: by Michela (new)

Michela (bookishbranches) | 1 comments Hi guys! I'm Michela, I'm 19 and a writing major so reading is definitely a love of mine. I'm a newer booktuber, my channel is bookishbranches, and I already really love it. The Uglies series is actually one of my all-time favorite series, it's the series that made me an avid reader and I've read it too many times, but this'll give me an excuse to reread it! :)

message 11: by Ashli (new)

Ashli Lewis (muchfaith22) I'm Ashli, mom to 5 kids, Booktuber (Faithfully Moonstruck), and have the whole Uglies series but haven't read it yet! Looking forward to it.

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Martin | 1 comments Mod
Hi guys! I'm Chelsea! I'm 22 and a Creative Writing major. I've been reading for as long as I can remember. I've read Uglies before and can't wait to see how I like it now!

message 13: by Reggie (new)

Reggie (dontstopreadin) | 1 comments Hey friends, I'm Reggie! I LOVE all things books and the internet-- so it's no surprise I booktube at youtube.com/dontstopreadin. I am SO excited to be joining this read-a-thon! Uglies was literally the first books recommended after the Twilight fad and I NEVER picked them up! That initial recommendation probably happened about a decade ago (HOW!WHAT!WHOAH!), and this is just the push I need to finally pick up the series! :)

message 14: by Siiri (new)

Siiri (smmason14) | 1 comments Hey everyone! I'm Margaret and I'm 23 and a forever book lover. I don't have a YouTube because I'm in school to be a teacher but I do have a bookstagram @theroadtohappypages
The uglies was one of my favorite series growing up so I've been really wanting to reread it! It was my first taste in dystopian and I loved it! So excited to get started!

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (acrawfordsmith) | 6 comments Ashley here! I've had this book on my shelf forever and and so ready to finally read it!

message 16: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Clendening | 3 comments Uglies has been on my radar for a long time, but I never quite got around to reading it. I guess now is as good a time as ever!

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess (jmbono) | 1 comments Hey guys! I'm Jess! I've been a reader since....forever. I can't remember a time when I didn't read. Aside from reading, I write and paint and love doing anything outdoors. I'm really excited to read this with all of you guys. I'm pretty sure it's been a couple of years since Aly first recommended Uglies. So it's about dang time I pick it up. :)

message 18: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Infantino (RJ_TheSecretStacks) | 1 comments So I'm super late to the party, but I actually just made a Goodreads account so I could join the Read-a-long! Aly's always saying in her videos how Uglies is her favorite, so I've been curious to try it out. My name is RJ and my youtube channel is The Secret Stacks! Anyway, I've got some catching up to do!

message 19: by Natelle (new)

Natelle Woodworth (tall_telle_tells_tales) | 2 comments Hey everyone, so I'm late to the discussion but I'm Natelle and I'm 29 and have been reading for as long as I can remember. I have two little boys and go to college full time. I'm not a booktuber or a bookstagrammer I just love to read and get book recommendations and participate in book discussions and readathons. This is my first time reading uglies and I just started it last night and am already halfway through

message 20: by Ashli (new)

Ashli Lewis (muchfaith22) I'm Ashli. My husband is stationed in the UK for US Air Force. I have always loved reading and wanted to have a library in my house...in my way there now with about 5 book shelves full of books. ;) Have been wanting to read the Uglies series for awhile (have all the books), and this is the perfect time. I read 1/4 of the book already in one day, thanks to our drive up to Scotland for holiday. ;)