World, Writing, Wealth discussion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Okay, I'm just being melodramatic. But...help? Please...?

Sir Ian (THANK YOU!!) has brought it to my attention that some threads might have been closed to further comments after I moved them around. Has anyone else had issues? If so, on which threads?

Just for the record, I didn't lock anything on purpose. Nobody's allowed to talk hahahaha!! No, seriously, it wasn't intentional. Heh.

Thanks, guys!

Hugs,
Ann

#BreakingStuffAlready #Sigh

Tara Woods Turner | 2063 comments Alex to the rescue!
*hides behind Annie*

message 3: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 1022 comments I haven't noticed anything :) I like your new mod name!

message 4: by Annie (last edited Jul 28, 2016 03:52PM) (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) LOL Are you hiding from Mr Alex? There's no reason to...except...well...

*awkward silence*

I don't even know if there's an issue at all. I can't see anything wrong from my end. But I don't know what the heck I'm looking at either....

*crazy laugh*

EDIT: Miss Marie, why do I keep talking over you??? I'm sorrrrry!!!! *grovels*

Okay, good. And *blushes* thank you kindly.

message 5: by Tim (new)

Tim Rees | 732 comments I think it's fine... I checked a few threads and it seems I can post... :)

message 6: by Tim (new)

Tim Rees | 732 comments BTW, what's a katana?

message 7: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) @Mr Tim: Thank you very much for checking, good sir! And a katana is a samurai sword...

^_~

message 8: by Tim (new)

Tim Rees | 732 comments Oooh! You're a slicer 'n' dicer... A danger to carrots everywhere... :D

message 9: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Like button for you, Mr Tim: ♥

message 10: by Alex (last edited Jul 28, 2016 10:48PM) (new)

Alex (asato) Tara wrote: "Alex to the rescue!
*hides behind Annie*"

yeah, you guys drew me into a bottomless thread a few weeks ago. i'm onto you now.

i have no idea what superpowers mods have, so you're on your own now.

Annie wrote: "@Mr Tim: Thank you very much for checking, good sir! And a katana is a samurai sword...

^_~"

they also wore a short sword, wakizashi, which was easier to use indoors and which they did wear inside even when visiting. the katana they left outside. they also, of course, had daggers, tanto. noble women would usually carry a smaller tanto, sometimes referred to as a kaiken; i read here and there that they carried it for self-defense, but i don't have any definitive nor more descriptive info than that--although it is an intriguing idea that i mean to research more about.

message 11: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Alex G wrote: "i have no idea what superpowers mods have, so you're on your own now."

Neither do we. Don't leave us. We'll wither and die without you.

message 12: by Alex (last edited Jul 29, 2016 12:20AM) (new)

Alex (asato) Annie wrote: "Neither do we. Don't leave us. We'll wither and die without you."

trial by fire is usually the best cure for lack of expertise. besides, by now you should know that begging doesn't work w/me. otoh, i respond more reliably to threa--well, that is against the GR ToS--let's say, mild remonstration.

message 13: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15677 comments Alex G wrote: "they also wore a short sword, wakizashi, which was easier to use indoors and which they did wear inside even when visiting. the katana they left outside. they also, of course, had daggers, tanto...."
Thanks for enriching my knowledge of cold weaponry -:) May use it sometimes...
Reminds me all those Puzo terms in Godfather used by Italian (Sicilian?) cosa nostra.
Garrota vs Kaiken?

message 14: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Nik wrote: "Thanks for enriching my knowledge of cold weaponry -:) May use it sometimes..."

i'm going to check out The Art of the Japanese Sword: The Craft of Swordmaking and its Appreciation thru interlibrary loan.

message 15: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 15677 comments Alex G wrote: "i'm going to check out [book:The Art of the Japanese Sword: The Craft of Swordmaking and its Appreciatio..."

And I'd gladly rewatch the Hattori Hanzo part of Kill Bill -:)

message 16: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Alex G wrote: "by now you should know that begging doesn't work w/me"

Please reread my "request" with Katie (I named my katana) in mind. That is all.

message 17: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Annie wrote: "

Please reread my "request" with Katie (I named my katana) in mind. That is all."

scary. (^_^;)

message 18: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) Alex G wrote: "scary. (^_^;)"

You flatter me.