YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Femur (S) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Brooke (last edited Aug 04, 2016 08:00PM) (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments Team Members:

Brooke ✔
Danielle ✔
Ashwag ✔
Haley ✔

Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Brooke (last edited Jul 28, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments Ways to earn points:

• For every book read, you and your team will earn one point.

• For every buddy read you participate in, you and your team will earn one point.

• For every title or quote guessed correctly, your team will earn 4 points.

Rules:

• Books must be read from the 1st of August to the 31st of August 2016.

• Books must be at least 100 pages in length, 150 pages for middle grade books, and 300 pages for poetry books/books written in verse.

• Buddy read must take place in our group to count.

• Letters guessed have to be the first letter in the book title / author's name to count, unless it's a bonus guess (from taking part in a buddy read for the book you read and reviewed.)

• Letter guesses have to be based on the English title. (However, you can still read the book in any language you like.)

• Your team have to read at least 1 book before making a guess, and you only get one guess per book read.

Available Number: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments Anyone care what number we pick first??

message 4: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Hi team!!!!!! :)

I don't care, Brooke! Would you like to choose?

message 5: by Haley (new)

Haley | 76 comments I don't mind at all!!!

message 6: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments okay, i used a random number generator, it picked 244 :)

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley | 76 comments What do we use the number for?

message 8: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Haley wrote: "What do we use the number for?"

All the titles you have to guess have been numbered. The numbers you choose will determine which titles you get.

message 9: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments First one:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ By _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Last name of the person is hyphenated.

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley | 76 comments Oh ok

message 11: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments I just started. (it's after midnight here now)
I am starting Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead and My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand and The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead today. I might grab the Big Rewind here after i'm done doing some stuff and read it, it's very short and if i finish i'm guessing R :D

Haley do you have any books planned to be read today?

message 12: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Removing PNJ from your team, adding Ashwag. :)

message 13: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Dang, I got excited for a second because the author Ann Redisch-Stampler ALMOST fit! But one letter too many haha.

message 14: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Brooke wrote: "I just started. (it's after midnight here now)
I am starting Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead and My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand and The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead today. I might grab the Big Rewind h..."

I'm reading My Lady Jane this month too! I am starting the month off with Harry Potter & the Cursed Child.

message 15: by PNJ (new)

PNJ (EmergencyRN) | 53 comments Hey guys! Sorry I am late in checking in but have been quite ill. If someone could message me when we need things that would be great. I've had a stroke and it's hard to follow chat, but I am an extremely rapid reader. Happy reading all and glad to be here!

message 16: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 01, 2016 07:21PM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments PNJ wrote: "Hey guys! Sorry I am late in checking in but have been quite ill. If someone could message me when we need things that would be great. I've had a stroke and it's hard to follow chat, but I am an ex..."

No problem! Hope you're feeling better soon! Let us know what you need from us as well, or feel free to send me a message if that's easier for you! ☺

Abbie - will Ashwag still be joining us?

message 17: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 01, 2016 07:21PM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments I just finished by first book and guessed an E! They haven't responded yet, but this is what we have so far, minus the E:

S _ r _ _ _ _ _ _ * S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ By _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ _ r - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

message 18: by Brooke (last edited Aug 01, 2016 11:40PM) (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments I have an E, G, K, and C to play, waiting for the Es to be added first. hoping we can guess it after that point.

message 19: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments S _ r _ _ _ _ _ _ * S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ By _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ er - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

the vowel has betrayed us.

message 20: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Brooke wrote: "S _ r _ _ _ _ _ _ * S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ By _ _ _ * _ _ _ _ er - _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

the vowel has betrayed us."

Seriously! I was hoping for so much more from an e

message 21: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments i have an i to post when i get to work

message 22: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Brooke wrote: "i have an i to post when i get to work"

Yaay!! I've been searching with no luck lol. I went through all the books on Abbie & Sarah's shelves that started with an S!

message 23: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments Danielle wrote: "Brooke wrote: "i have an i to post when i get to work"

Yaay!! I've been searching with no luck lol. I went through all the books on Abbie & Sarah's shelves that started with an S!"

yah i did that, went through mine as well, and i search on both my library apps in the S's as well! wtfffff. I finish another on the way into work so i have M, I, O from one book and a N, B, H, K from another. i am going to write both reviews now. so which vowel should we go with I or O?? and then book 2 i'll post after she updated the puzzle, if need be!, and i might go with N but we'll see. this is crazy, some teams are on puzzle freaking 5 and we're still on 1 :(((((((((((

message 24: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments oh forgot to say, the second book is a BR so i can pick a bonus letter :D i'll probably go with U if i can't solve it with the O/I

message 25: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Greeeeat job Brooke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First puzzle solved!!!!! I did not come across that book in my search lol XD

message 26: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Brooke wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Brooke wrote: "i have an i to post when i get to work"

Yaay!! I've been searching with no luck lol. I went through all the books on Abbie & Sarah's shelves that started with an S!..."

I KNOW I saw some people are on 5th or 6th puzzle already! They're good guessers or are getting easier puzzles than us haha. Good choice with the "I" guess!

message 27: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments yah the i narrow it down from lile2 150 words to only 5, then i just went to my library's website and typed it in, it was the second one down :)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Hello guys, sorry for the late check in.. I got word from Sarah that PNJ moved to a fun team and I am still with you :)

message 29: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Hello guys, sorry for the late check in.. I got word from Sarah that PNJ moved to a fun team and I am still with you :)"

whoo!

message 30: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Hello guys, sorry for the late check in.. I got word from Sarah that PNJ moved to a fun team and I am still with you :)"

What all have you read so far? i don't like to waste books, so i've been just doing one review every day and seeing if i can guess off that since we have been down 2 players.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments I finished one book on the 1st but it won't count since I've started it before. Now I am close to finishing two books one is BR..

message 32: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Yahoo!!! Just guessed our puzzle!

message 33: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 05, 2016 10:40AM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Hello guys, sorry for the late check in.. I got word from Sarah that PNJ moved to a fun team and I am still with you :)"

Awesome welcome!! Let's kick some butt!!! ☻

message 34: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 05, 2016 10:42AM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Brooke wrote: "ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "Hello guys, sorry for the late check in.. I got word from Sarah that PNJ moved to a fun team and I am still with you :)"

What all have you read so far? ..."

So far I have read My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix , Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Harry Potter, #8) by John Tiffany , & Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley . I am currently reading This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab & With Malice by Eileen Cook & I'm looking for a buddy to read With Malice with me for more points/guesses, if any of you are interested in it. Unfortunately With malice doesn't count for the Spelling Bee because there are no W's in "Mega Month Challenge" ☹ but I really want to read it, everyone on Booktube is talking about it.

message 35: by Haley (new)

Haley | 76 comments Hey Srry I have been really busy with dance stuff just had really important tryouts and have convention next week that I have to get ready for but I'm back and I'm reading a book so I have I O M V S

message 36: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 05, 2016 12:10PM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Haley wrote: "Hey Srry I have been really busy with dance stuff just had really important tryouts and have convention next week that I have to get ready for but I'm back and I'm reading a book so I have I O M V S"

Hi there! Welcome! Hope your tryouts went well! Are you going to be able to read around 12 books this month, with the dance stuff and the convention next week? We're really going to need your help!

message 37: by Haley (new)

Haley | 76 comments Yeah I will be on it after Tuesday!!! I am almost finished with the book I'm reading.

message 38: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Haley wrote: "Yeah I will be on it after Tuesday!!! I am almost finished with the book I'm reading."

Awesome!!!

I'm almost done with two books... Great guessing, btw, Brooke!!!

message 39: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments just a heads up, Saturday and Sunday, im pretty much only on here to check the non reading challenge. i have my son on the weekends so i focus on him, and even thou the thingy says im 4 books ahead of my goal for this month, i feel crazy behind so im going to bunker down and read today so ill be back monday night :)

message 40: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Brooke wrote: "just a heads up, Saturday and Sunday, im pretty much only on here to check the non reading challenge. i have my son on the weekends so i focus on him, and even thou the thingy says im 4 books ahead..."

Okay enjoy! ☺

message 41: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments Pretty sure my guess is right. not too many 14 letter titles out there...

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Brooke wrote: "Pretty sure my guess is right. not too many 14 letter titles out there..."

I'm sure it's the right one as well..

message 43: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments I have reviews to catch up on, but i'm also behind on BRs *sigh*

message 44: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 09, 2016 03:59PM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments Brooke wrote: "Pretty sure my guess is right. not too many 14 letter titles out there..."

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "
I'm sure it's the right one as well.."

Wow nice guess. Fingers crossed.

message 45: by Danielle ♥ (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments You were right! Nice guess!

message 46: by Danielle ♥ (last edited Aug 11, 2016 11:10AM) (new)

Danielle ♥ (daniellewaltz) | 2219 comments @Ashwag, for the review you just posted for Mercer Girls by Libbie Hawker by Libbie Hawker can you guess L for that, so I can guess M for With Malice by Eileen Cook (I just posted my review)?? The only other available letter for me to guess would be W, and I think M is a better guess than W ☺

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Danielle ♥ wrote: "@Ashwag, for the review you just posted for Mercer Girls by Libbie Hawker by Libbie Hawker can you guess L for that, so I can guess M for With Malice by Eileen Cook (I ju..."

ok will change it now..

message 48: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments it cant be dream, A was already guessed and its not in that word :/

message 49: by Brooke (new)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4973 comments It can only be Diets, Duets, Dress, or Diego.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.