Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Off Topic > FOODS CRAVED while reading your current or past books.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon | 94 comments For instance reading Evanovich Stephanie Plum series I knew to have Tasty Cakes.
My latest read The Witnesses by Patterson... made me crave hot corned beef sandwich with hot chinese mustard.. yumm

message 2: by Aglaea (new)

Aglaea | 371 comments Oh. Cravings? Um, chocolate work?

message 3: by Erica (new)

Erica | 517 comments Last year I was pregnant, and literally every food I read about I needed to eat immediately. One that stands out is from a short story in Fifty Great Short Stories, in which a character eats cream puffs. I made my husband stop to buy cream puffs on the way home from the library after reading that, and they were a huge craving for me the rest of the pregnancy.

message 4: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 1366 comments Turkish delight while reading about Arabia.

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey D.  | 1769 comments Spaghetti whenever I read anything by Murakami.

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Whenever I read a Donna Leon mystery, I want eat every thing Commissario Brunetti is reading. Those lovely little cafe/bars where they have the finger food. Yum!

message 7: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 780 comments The Harry Potter series always made me crave the food in them, and not just the magical sweets and butterbeer (although I definitely wanted all of those too) but even the food at all the feasts and Mrs Weasley's cooking.

Fried Green Tomatoes also made me crave everything that was mentioned and/or described in it (apart from one particular piece of barbecue which if you've read the book, you'll know what I'm talking about).