Play Book Tag discussion

The Sellout
This topic is about The Sellout
Archive: Other Books > The Sellout - Paul Beatty 5/5

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole D. | 1496 comments I'm on of the Man Booker committee on Readers Room, so review will come later.

SO funny, so clever, but it's about racial satire and it's uncomfortable. Started out wobbly for me but quickly got better. Did the audio and loved the narrator.

Anita Pomerantz | 6674 comments Can't wait to see the whole review. Meanwhile it is staying on the TBR.

Nicole D. | 1496 comments You should read it, I think you'll enjoy it. Particularly with Malcolm and Coates in your head right now.

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen | 1545 comments I can't wait to start it. Hopefully Saturday. My big grant is due tomorrow so I'm hoping come 1pm Friday I will have time to take a breath and start reading non-scientific papers!

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I also found it uncomfortable, but parts were extremely funny despite the incorrectness of what was funny. I also did the audio and I think it was a great narrator. I read before Between the World and Me.

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen | 1545 comments I'm almost done with it. I was simultaneously laughing and cringing